Saturday, March 12, 2011

40 Weeks - Teething Nightmare!


Wow wee! What a week! I am so sorry for not updating Madi's blog sooner. I have been swamped with work, literally working everyday from 6am til past midnight this past week and I am burnt out! (I even worked today! It's a freaking Saturday, what the heck!?) Fortunately, there's a light at the end of the tunnel... Three weeks and counting... And I will be able to put "home maker" on my future resume! :) Yup, that's right... I gave my boss my notice this past Wednesday and I will soon be a full time Mommy (not that I'm NOT a full time mommy already haha). I'm doing it for Madi, myself, and Elbert. I need my life back, I need my sanity back, and I need my quality family time back. Family first! :) I am SOOOOO looking forward to taking Madi to lots and lots of playdates, and also squeeze some "me" time in between. I can't wait! It's gonna be so much fun!

So, this past Monday, was Madison's 40 week birthday! I can't believe that Madison is as old as how long she incubated in my belly! This past week has been a really bad week for Madi since her two top teeth came in with a vengeance. Her poor little mouth probably hurt really bad. She's been so fussy all day, everyday, and she straight out, refuses to eat now. She used to gobble up food so quickly, like we were starving her. And now? We're lucky if we get more than 3 spoons full of food from her. That makes me sad! I know she won't starve, especially since she still takes the boob, but now I'm worried that she's not gonna get all of her essential vitamins and minerals and stuff...

I thought I found the cure to her food strike, by buying her YoBaby organic baby yogurt. Madi used to never take anything cold (no food or bottle - ALWAYS had to warm them up), but I figured that the cold yogurt would feel good in her mouth, since cold things are suppose to help a teething baby. And for about 2 days straight, she gobbled up the yogurt like it was the best thing she's ever eaten... And then all of a sudden, she decided she didn't want that either! I'm hoping she's not on her food strike because of this one incident that happened last week. She ate all of her dinner and then ALL of her yogurt, and I was like, wow! That's the most she's ever eaten, and I hope she doesn't throw up from being so full! Well, she usually "works off" her dinner afterwards, by jumping in her jumperoo for a bit, and well... She did throw up while in her jumperoo that day. Ever since then, she hasn't touched her yogurt or ANY foods. I think I'm gonna blame teething over the throw up incident though... Because those teeth are super big, and I keep teasing her that she looks like a bunny rabbit with her 2 big, buck teeth...

Two things that she does that doesn't make Mommy happy:

(1) She is not eating (I'm not sure how long this is suppose to keep up, but if it keeps up through next week, I think I'm gonna have to start giving her formula or something, so that she doesn't deprive herself of her vitamins), and

(2) She now grinds her top and bottom teeth together, and it drives me up the wall! hahaha It's like someone scratching their fingernails against the chalk board or something! I'm pretty sure her teeth are a new feeling to her in her mouth, but does she really have to grind her teeth?! Eeks! It's the most creepiest sound and it just gives me the heebie jeebies when she does that.

If anyone out there has experienced their baby not eating because of teething, please let me know what other options I have! I'm desparate! I want my baby to eat!

3 comments:

  1. Madi, this is the most adorable picture of all time! Now, EAT!! You little stinker! I'm glad you get your mommy back full-time! Abby needs a playdate so you guys can commiserate about your top teeth and have teeth grinding battles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe how long Madi's hair is getting. And Yay! for becoming an official SAHM.

    The teeth grinding freaked me out a ton, especially coming out of the dental profession. But it's normal, does no harm (to Madi's mouth), and will stop eventually.

    I hate to tell you that with two kids under my belt, the eating issues never go away. Our Dr. finally put Claire on a vitamin. I have about 4 breakfast choices and 3 lunch/dinner choices that she is willing to eat, so that's what I feed her EVERYDAY. And now my 7yo wants what the 1yo is eating.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, it's Christa. I just heard about you giving notice - good for you!! Hey, still don't know when we're moving but I'd love to see you before we go.

    ReplyDelete