Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Zoomars Petting Zoo!

This past Saturday, we took our animal obsessed Madi Cakes to Zoomar's Petting Zoo in San Juan Capistrano. Saying that she had a blast there is an understatement! I can't even explain to you the excitement she had seeing all the animals, feeding them, petting them, and giving them hugs and air kisses. Besides getting my pinky toe stepped on by a 200 pound sheep's sharp hoof (my fault for wearing flip flops to a freaking petting zoo!), I would say that I (and Elbert) had a blast there as well! Anyway, we will definitely visit Zoomar's again soon. It's definitely a great alternative to going to the zoo, and San Juan Capistrano is only about 35 minutes north from us. Not too shabby! :)

Madi LOVES her goats! What can I say? She's used to petting them and loving them at the San Diego Zoo, so it's no surprise that she loved petting them and feeding them here at Zoomar's too!


This is the sheep that stepped on me... Anyway, here is Madi feeding this enormous sheep a carrot. Carrots were quite the popular food item to eat amongst these hungry and greedy sheep and goats!

This girl has absolutely NO fear of animals! In this video, she is trying to hunt down some hungry takers of her yummy carrots!


My goodness, these goats and sheep were quite pushy! They were not shy to bombard you for your food. And Madi STILL was not scared of them after being stripped of her personal space by these hungry animals!


A mini horse!!!! Hey, I think you deserve a carrot too!

Here's a video of Madi giving the mini horse some love (and carrots!):


There were tons of guinea pigs!!! Here's one of them that Madi had to feed:

Bunny rabbits!!!! Tons of these guys hopping around as well. Madi shoved a carrot in this bunny's mouth:

Ice cream cone anyone?

Bunny food Mr. Guinea Pig??

Look Ma! A guinea pig on my lap! :)

We need to fatten you up Miss Bunny Rabbit. Have some food!

And the best part of the day? Madi's FIRST pony ride!!!!! She thought it was the coolest thing ever! I'm bummed that I didn't get any good pictures (or videos) of Madi riding her pony. There just wasn't any really good spots for that behind the fences. Next time (because there will definitely be a next time), I'll go on the pony ride WITH Madi so I can get some good close up shots. Giddy up horsey! Madi is ready to ride!


A quick look at Madi riding off into the sunset. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment