This year, Madison had her heart set on having a princess-themed birthday party. A royal princess SWIM party, to be exact. At this age, she is definitely in full-on princess mode right now. It probably started when she was about 2 1/2 years old, right after her 2nd trip to Disneyland. This girl owns almost every Disney princess dress, LOVES wearing her "high" heels, knows practically all the words to every Disney princess song out there, makes Daddy pretend he's her prince so she can dance with him like the dance scenes in Beauty and The Beast, Sleeping Beauty, or Cinderella, and demands wearing any type of dress every day. There have been plenty of trips to the supermarket, park, preschool, and restaurants where she is decked out in her princess gear. I kind of always thought it would be unhealthy to expose her to Disney princesses because I didn't want her growing up thinking that she needs to be thin and beautiful for boys to like her. But well... Her love for the Disney movies, and singing all of the songs, and playing dress up has gotten so out of control, that I kind of think it's just plain out adorable. Hey, I now have a singing partner, and I will foster any type of girly girl activity as much as I can now before it all goes away with age. Especially since baby boy will be on his way soon, and I highly doubt I will be doing these girly girl things with him. :)
But alas, I've gotten off the topic of Madison's 3rd birthday party!!!!! Princesses!!!!! Ahhh!!!
Madison's royal invitations that were sent out:

Of course, I had to go all out and try to be the best Martha Stewart that I could be, to make her the perfect princess cupcakes and princess cake for her party. She did specify that she wanted strawberry cake and that the cake had to be pink. Such big demands from such a little girl! So I slaved away and made these adorable (tooting my own horn) Disney princess dresses cupcakes. I made cupcakes that looked like Snow White's dress, Belle's dress, Cinderella's dress, and Aurora's dress. And man, I need to give myself a pat on the back because working with fondant and cutting those dresses out by hand was a pain in my neck! ;) I'm glad they came out looking as I envisioned them to look, although having them sit in the sun for over an hour, melted them all, and the dresses just looked sad. Ah well. At least they tasted good!

I spent so much time on those darn cupcakes, that Madison's princess cake was put on the back burner. She got her strawberry flavored, pink cake, but the only flare on it was a princess crown on top. She still thought it was pretty cool, so yay!

Princess Madison greeted her birthday party guests in her Cinderella dress. Although that came off right away, and she was in her bikini for the next 5 hours straight. We might as well should have just put her in an Ariel (The Little Mermaid) outfit since she spent the entire party, or should I say, the entire day, in the pool!

Princess decorations!


Having a blast on her water slide with her friends!

And then there was the birthday dinner. Madi's actual birthday was on May 31st, the day before the royal swim party. So she got to celebrate her actual birth date mostly at preschool (and mommy baked 45 cupcakes to bring to preschool to celebrate there too! This mama is baked out!). We asked Madi where she wanted to go for her birthday dinner, and she said she wanted to eat noodles. That means Japanese udon noodles! So we took her to Tomoyama, one of our favorite Japanese restaurants, and there she sucked up noodle after noodle after noodle.

The birthday girl in action:
Madison had a super fun-filled 3rd birthday weekend. It was really exciting for us to see her really understand and embrace the meaning of her birthday this year. She knew it was a day to celebrate HER and only her. Of course, she loved that cake and cupcakes and presents were involved too, and that her friends came over to sing Happy Birthday to her as well. On Sunday, she asked me if it was still her birthday, and sadly, I had to tell her it wasn't. I think she was a little disappointed that the fun-filled festivities over the last 2 days had to come to an end. Happy 3rd birthday princess! Mommy and Daddy love you so much and are sooooo proud of who you have become so far. You are perfect in every way!!!!
0 comments:
Post a Comment