Thursday, August 14, 2014

Madison's 4th Birthday!!!

Ahhhh! How did I get SOOOO behind on updating this blog! This is a new record for me. Almost 3 months behind! Yikes! Sorry folks!

Madison turned the ripe old age of 4 back on May 31, 2014. I can't believe 4 years have flown by already. My little chunky baby is now a skinny minnie who loves to sing, dance, draw, play dress up, and do anything princess/mermaid related. Is water involved? Madi will love it! Are pretty dresses, tiaras, and high heels involved? Madi's all for it! She has definitely grown up A LOT in the past year- especially since she's become a BIG sister to her super adorable baby brother, Brandon. Although Madison can be the typical toddler who has various meltdowns, tantrums, and selective hearing when following directions, she has grown into a very smart, sweet, kind, caring, loving, thoughtful, artistic, talented, sensitive little girl. Her heart is as big as the world, and she definitely knows how to make you feel loved and cared for if she knows you're not feeling 100%. This 4 year old is also wise beyond her years. Life, in her eyes, is pure simplicity. Some examples of her logic... If I ever tell her I'm tired, she immediately tells me, "If you're tired, why don't you take a nap, mama?" Of if I tell her that I don't sleep well at night because baby Brandon cries all the time, she tells me, "Well... Why don't you pull the covers over your head so you don't have to hear him?" OR my favorite answer to Brandon crying at night- "Well, if he starts crying, why don't you just say, Daddy! Can you go get Brandon?" Ha! If only Daddy had boobies- I'd be all over that advice from my 4 year old.

We celebrated her last day of being a 3 year old at La Jolla Coves. Here are some pictures of her being 3!!! :)




May 31, 2014:

Madison's 4th Birthday!!!!!!! I surprised Madi by filling her room up with balloons in the middle of the night, so that she'd wake up to celebrating being a 4 year old! She was super excited and happy, let me tell you that!


Of course, Brandon had a field day in her balloon-filled room too!



Madison wanted to go blackberry picking for her birthday, so we headed over to our favorite organic farm in Valley Center, Stehly Farms Organics. She had a blast there a couple months back, picking strawberries. It was a hot day, but Madi did a good job picking 3 big cartons full of juicy, yummy blackberries!




Moose thought the blackberries were quite delicious too! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment