Thursday, March 25, 2010

Lions and Tigers and Baby Classes, Oh My!

How is it possible that we're in the last week of March already? Where does the time go? All I know is that once April comes around, Elbert and I have a bunch of baby classes lined up for us... And next thing you know, it'll be May... And then we'll be parents!!! Eeeks!!!

March 29th - Cord Blood Banking Seminar @ Babies By The Sea Boutique - Elbert will be going to this seminar without me since I will be in LA yet again for work for the entire freakin week... Bleh!!!!! My doctor is actually gonna be giving the seminar and talk all about cord blood banking...

April 3rd - My Baby Shower. Yay for me! hahaha :)

April 5th - 32 week appointment w/ ultrasound. Making sure that one cyst in Madi's brain has completely vanished since we hadn't checked up on it since January.

April 10th - Elbert goes to an expectant Daddy's class, where they will teach the dad's how to diaper, swaddle, hold, feed and soothe a baby.

April 14th - "Getting Ready For Baby" class @ Scripps Encinitas. Class will cover what to purchase for a newborn (I think we got everything already haha), how to hold, comfort, diaper a baby (Elbert will be a pro by the time he comes to this class), and also cover how to choose a pediatrician.

April 15th - 1st of 5 HypnoBirthing Classes. I can't wait for this class! So you know how everyone usually takes child birthing classes, like Lamaze? Well, since I am planning on taking the au natural route (no meds, no epidurals, just plain old cave woman style of dirty, natural child birthing), I've decided to take HypnoBirthing, which is a type of self hypnosis (and no, no one will tell me that I am getting sleepy and then make me cluck like a chicken when they snap their fingers). It will teach you a type of self meditation through relaxation and deep breathing. Basically, just a way to mentally calm and relax yourself so that your body and muscles won't be all stressed out and tensed, (hopefully) easing the labor pains since your muscles will be nice and relaxed... We'll see about that. :) Think yoga meditation, times 100... At least, that's what I think it's gonna be like...

April 19th - Scripps Encinitas Birthing Pavillion Orientation and Facility Tour

April 21st - 2nd class of "Getting Ready For Baby"

April 22nd - 2nd Hypnobirthing Class

April 29th - 3rd Hypnobirthing Class

May 5th - Breastfeeding Class @ Scripps Encinitas - Boy, am I gonna need this! Talk about clueless!!!!

May 6th - 4th Hypnobirthing Class

May 13th - Last Hypnobirthing Class

May 24th - Maternity leave??? hahaha I still have yet to decide when to take my maternity leave. Yes, I am expected to blow on May 31st, but the chances of that happening on that specific day are kinda slim... Since I think I'm gonna have a June baby, I think that will be a good time to stop working. I'd rather take my time off AFTER the baby arrives so that I can spend as much time with her. If Elbert wins the bet, and I end up going into labor earlier than my expected due date, then I guess my plans for maternity leave will have to change hahaha. But for now, I'm about 90% sure that May 24th will be the first day of my maternity leave...

June 30th - Need babysitter... Twilight's Eclipse out in theatres.... hahahahhaa KIDDING!!!!! Well, not kidding that it's out in theatres on this day, but kidding that we're going to go see it... I think... :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment