Monday, April 5, 2010

Gibberish...

Hey everyone! Sorry for not posting anything in awhile. Was in LA for work all week last week. Got back to San Diego Friday night, and then headed back up to LA on Saturday for my baby shower! Of course, with pregnancy brain, I forgot to bring my camera to my own shower so I will tell you all about it and post up pictures from the shower when I receive them from my friends and family. :)

I actually stayed at a hotel for work this time around so that I didn't have to do that horrible commute from my parents house to West Hollywood. Boy, what a lifesaver! I didn't have to drive anywhere, and I got to walk to work that week. Was VERY nice and not as stressful as the previous week in LA.

Nothing too new to report... I am now 32 weeks pregnant today... I'm still feeling great! I'm still keeping up with my walks around my neighborhood, although I don't know how much longer I can do the 3 mile loop anymore. It's getting tougher and tougher to breathe and walk up all those hills! I saw some of my old coworkers and friends this past week, who I haven't seen in ages, and I think the best and most hilarious comment I got was, "You look like an ant that just a grape!" hahahaha

I've been getting my Braxton Hicks contractions every once in a while, which don't hurt too bad- they just feel a bit uncomfortable when they hit. I'm feeling a wee bit tired during the days now, but I think it's because I've been having a wee bit of trouble sleeping through the night. I don't know what it is that's keeping me up... Not sure if I'm just feeling uncomfortable, or if its just my body preparing to wake up every 2 hours to feed the baby hahaha.

The only other change to my body that I can think of so far is that the underside of my belly has been really dry and itchy. I think it probably might have been from being in LA for the week, using the hotel soaps and lotion and stuff... Cuz that's when it all started... And now I have a small rash at the bottom part of my belly... Not so much fun... Throughout my pregnancy, I've been lotioning up with both Palmer's Cocoa Butter

and Bio Oil.

Bio Oil is a bit on the expensive side ($20 for the bigger bottle. Lasts about 2 - 3 months if you use every other day). I basically have only been using these lotions after I shower at night, and switch between the two every other day... So, one day I'll lather on the Bio Oil, and then the next day use the Palmer's Cocoa Butter Lotion. Everyone always says that stretch marks are genetic, but I think every little bit helps... Keep that skin of yours nice and moisturized to alleviate the dryness and itchiness from your skin stretching from that growing belly, and don't gain too much weight too fast. Those are the other advices I've received for battling stretch marks... Fingers crossed, I haven't gotten any (NEW) stretch marks yet!!! Wish I could say the same for cottage cheese thighs... :(

OH!!! One more change I've noticed in myself hahaha. So, I've never had any weird cravings or any food preferences throughout my pregnancy until now... I usually don't have a sweet tooth (although I LOVE baking and making cakes to give to people, I just don't really eat them), but lately, I've had nothing but cupcakes on my mind! I know I can totally make my own cupcakes and stuff, but then I'd be forced to eat like the whole dozen or so. I could cut down my recipe to make like 4 cupcakes, but that's no fun! :) I usually go to this cupcake place in Solana Beach called Cupcake Love to get my expensive $3.00 cupcakes, but then found a new place that's just as yummy!!!! They are a bit more expensive... $3.25 per cupcake... But they are closer to home. They are called Elizabethan Desserts in Encinitas and are located in the cute building with the red roof at Sunshine Gardens. It's such a cute bakery!!! Everyone that works there are all dressed up like they came straight out of I Love Lucy!

Inside this box of goodies was a red velvet cupcake, a "Black Beauty" and a "Monkey Business."

Of course a few days later... We went to Cupcake Love, and I got my Red Velvet Cupcake... At this rate, my weight will balloon, my stretch marks will be in full effect, and I will for sure acheive fat face in no time (actually, I think I already have fat face but am in denial). :)

And on to other random things in this blog entry... We found an affordable vintage birdcage to put up in Madi's room to go with her birds/cherry blossom themed room! Yay!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment