Monday, August 23, 2010

12 Weeks - From Newborn To Infant


Does anyone have a box of Kleenex? Mommy is quite emotional, as her little Madi Cakes has officially transformed from a newborn to an infant! (I've read that the 3 month mark is when newborns are officially considered to be infants). It's just like sending her off to college! How on Earth did she grow up so fast? :)

I can't believe that just a few weeks ago, I had no idea how to carry a baby, let alone, care for one or know how to appease Madi's cries. I literally had no sleep during the night since I was constantly feeding her, changing her diaper, pumping, icing my poor, beat up boobies, or was just awake during the night, trying to figure out how to make my baby sleep. It was just a few weeks ago that eating, going to the bathroom, and taking a shower were impossible missions. And it was just a few weeks ago that I would have occasional crying fits because I was constantly exhausted and tired, and I also thought my baby hated me because I didn't know how to calm her down right away.

At 12 weeks, I feel like I've got this motherhood thing down! Yay me! :) Madi sleeps through the night (I only get up once, sometimes twice, to feed and change her- yay for getting my sleep back!), she hardly cries during the day (and if she does, I know it's because she's either hungry, tired, bored, or wants a change of scenery), she's grown so much in length, width, and weight (yay for fat babies!), she's totally attentive, observant, loves to grab things, discovered her hands and her mouth, has moved into her own bedroom and crib, sleeps without being swaddled, follows a bedtime routine and puts herself to sleep, LOVES to talk (attention whore!), and her most recent achievement? She can finally lift her head on her own during tummy time! :) She's beginning to roll around on to her sides which means that soon enough, she'll be able to completely roll over from back to tummy.

Here's Chatty Madi talking her little head off:


(Yay for tummy time success!)

At 12 weeks, Madi has been independent enough to be left alone either in her swing, on her lounger or on her playmat (with our supervision of course!) so that Mommy and Daddy can have dinners together again. Going to the bathroom and taking a shower are things we can do whenever we feel like now. And boy, does it feel good to have that freedom back!

At 12 weeks, Madi has gone to plenty of play dates and made a lot of new friends which she has learned some new baby skills from. Not to mention, at 12 weeks, her hair has grown ten-fold! :) Can't wait til I can pull it into a wee pigtail! :)

At 12 weeks, Madison already has developed a diva-like personality! She is just too cute and I can't wait to see this princess continue to develop and grow into the spoiled little monster that Elbert and I have created haha.
(Caption: Not now Daddy! Can't you see? I'm working on my tan!! Geez!!)




I love my Madi Cakes SO much!!! I never knew that I had that much love inside of me to give to another human being. Just one look, one smile, and one coo from Madison melts my heart in a second, and in that one moment, nothing else in the world matters because I've got my baby girl. :) Oh, and Elbert, I love you too! Hahaha! :)

2 comments: