The day started off with a morning play date for Madi at Cory and Abby's house. I knew Madi was gonna be a bit fussy since she looked really tired in the morning, and I took her to go out and play instead of letting her take her usual morning nap. We were the first ones to arrive at the play date, but once the rest of Madi's friends started to come one by one, she woke up a wee bit just to say hello! Here is Madi hanging out with cute little Samantha!

I always take Madi to these play dates, in hopes that she will pick up baby skills by observing the older, more advanced babies. Abby and Samantha were on their tummies, holding their heads up high. Madi has yet to do this on her own at home. Everytime I put her on her tummy, she would just lay there like a lazy bird and do nothing. Anyway, I decided to put Madi on her tummy in between Abby and Sam, hoping she would see them and copy them. She kind of lifted her head a little bit to look at Abby, but it wasn't anything to write home about. Here's Abby showing Madi how it should be done!

I guess that took a lot of energy and effort on Madi's part, so she decided to take a quick nap in the middle of playing with her friends. She conked out pretty good! :) Of course, her giraffe friend was nearby for her to hug and hold:

Grandma and Grandpa came to visit after the play date, and after they left, I decided to play with Madi on her play gym and do our daily tummy time with her, in hopes that she'll some day pick up her head and make Momma proud.
Madi was all wiggly on her play gym, and kept on wanting to turn on her side. It looked like she was trying to roll herself over from back to belly. So I decided to put her on her tummy for tummy time... I almost crapped my pants in excitement when all of a sudden, she lifted her head high and mighty as if she's been doing that for months! Where did that come from?! Madi's totally been holding out on us!! Has she been able to do this all along? Did she learn how to hold her head up from watching Abby and Sam today at the play date? What in the world?!! We must celebrate! Madi can hold her head up during tummy time now!!!! Yay!!!! That just means that her head and neck control is getting stronger and she will be able to hold her own head up REAL soon! I can't wait!


Later that evening, I had a Mom's Night Out with some of the girls. We went to a sewing lounge. Let me tell you- I have NEVER touched a sewing machine in my life. I can't even sew on a button to a shirt or sew a hole in a sock or pant or anything for the life of me. If I need any type of sewing done, I always bat my eyelashes and ask Elbert to do it for me. Pretty pathetic, huh?
We went to Sew Inspired, a sewing lounge, where they have sewing classes. I was quite excited about this actually. I would LOVE to learn how to sew! So in a span of 4 hours, Laura, our instructor, taught us how to sew an apron from scratch! I am so proud of myself. Here is the apron I sewed last night. Hawaiian plumeria print on the front of the apron, and a bright yellow flower print for the lining on the back:

Here I am, modeling the finished product. Who knew that I could sew?!?!?

Like I said... Today was a momentous day for both Madison and Mommy. :) Madison can actually lift her head up high during tummy time (a sign that she will soon be able to hold her own head up by herself, in turn, be able to sit up by herself, in turn, be able to crawl by herself, in turn, be able to walk by herself hehe), and Mommy sewed for the very first time, making a super cute apron! Yay!!!! What a way to start the weekend!
Yay for friends! I'm so excited that the girls are learning from each other. :)
ReplyDeleteI LOVE our play dates! It's good for both Mommy ***AND*** baby! :)
ReplyDelete