Yesterday, we had the pleasure of having Madi's BFF (since being in the womb haha) come over and hang out for the day. Not only is Sam such a cutie pie of a baby girl, she is SO easy to take care of, that I did not hesitate to tell her mommy "Yes", I can babysit Sam for basically most of the day. I was a bit terrified at first because I never babysat *TWO* active toddlers at my house (rookie, right?) at the same time. And I know Madi sometimes has an issue with sharing (as most toddlers do... I hope...It better not be just my kid!). And when Madi doesn't want to share, I kid you not... And I am NOT exaggerating when I say this... Madi throws the biggest crying fit ever, that makes you think she's in the most excruciating pain in the entire planet... Make that, the entire solar system (Dramatics definitely came from Daddy haha. I ain't claiming it!). ;)
Anyway, the whole day went very well. I didn't have to rescue any baby dangling from the staircase or fish anyone out of the toilet. I didn't have to tell Madi to stop drinking from the doggie bowl while Sam was in the backyard having a swim in the pool. Nothing too outrageous happened aside from 2 little girls running around and around and around the house chasing each other or trying to steal one another's food. Madi did have a few meltdowns because Sam took her toy or ran her over in the crawl tunnel a few times (Hey Madi! Get out of the way! You crawl too slow!). But all in all, Madi did a lot better than I thought she would, despite the fact that she didn't take a nap at all. Sweet Sam took an hour nap. Impressive! Man, how do we teach our own baby to sleep somewhere else that's not in her own crib in her own room? :)
Well... I don't think I really mentioned the fact that I was starting to worry that my baby was gonna grow up to be a loner. hahaha. Madison never really "played" with other babies or showed any interest in interacting with them very much. She always liked to do her own thing. At playdates, she would just go off and play by herself... Even when I take her to new places, she constantly clings to my legs and doesn't like to explore things on her own. Which is kinda why I signed Madi up for Gymboree classes to begin with. I thought that if I exposed her to a social environment more often, that she would open up and become this social butterfly of a toddler, and just be a bit more outgoing. Heck, even at Gymboree classes, if she's not busy clinging to me, she'll be off exploring things on her own while the entire class is singing or playing all together as one big group. Maybe Madison is just too cool for school? :)
So before I go off on a tangent about how or why I think my Gemini of a daughter isn't living up to her extroverted astrological sign, the point of this blog post is to tell you that... Hooray!!! Madi DOES, in fact, know how to interact and play with others!!!
Madi and Sam had a very fun day interacting with each other! There were times when I thought they were "talking" to each other in their own baby language. There were a couple hugs here and there and a kiss or two. There was a lot of "follow the leader" that went on as well. It was all too cute! Surprisingly, I wasn't as exhausted as I thought I would be after a day of babysitting two active little ones. I think I was just too busy absorbing all of the cuteness that was going on, and also SUPER happy that Madison CAN play with others, when she wants to. Yay!!!!
Here are a few pictures of these two kiddos just hanging out like besties should. :)
Sharing toys:
Sharing (and stealing) snacks:
Madi giving her biggest smile, while Sam looks at her like she's a crazy person:
Maxin' and relaxin' on the stairs:
Maxin' and relaxin' on the couch:
Hugs and kisses!
And of course... A video of them playing together. :)
0 comments:
Post a Comment