Monday, January 14, 2013

Madi's Gonna Be A Big Sister!


The news is out! It was our Christmas 2012 secret that was oh so hard to keep. But we did it, and surprised our friends and family on Christmas Eve that Madison is going to be a big sister in July of 2013! (Expected due date of July 11, 2013). We're all soooo excited and thrilled about it, especially Madison. She keeps reminding us how she's going to be a good big sister, and she proves it by how loving and caring she is with her baby dolls. She loves them, takes care of them, changes their diapers, feeds them, comforts them, puts them down for naps, combs their hair, and constantly calls them "sweetie" and asks if they are doing ok. :) She is definitely prepared for big sister duties! Not to mention how genuinely caring she is to real life babies. She just loves babies! So I cannot wait to see her in action when the new baby actually arrives.

I am currently 14 weeks preggos and I am finally feeling almost normal again. This pregnancy has been so cruel to me. But then again, I guess I deserve it for thinking that I'd have another breeze of a pregnancy, just like I did when I was pregnant with Madi. Well, this time around, I got sick. Well, not like throwing up sick. I was constantly voraciously hungry ALL the time, and the minute I'd eat, I'd feel like I had to throw it all up. Thank goodness, I never had to visit the porcelain god, but it was just a queasy, uneasy feeling that I constantly had throughout the day and night. I felt like I needed to eat everything in sight just to keep my starving belly satisfied. And on top of that, I was extremely exhausted. I went to bed early almost every night, and I slept any chance that I could get. I hated waking up in the mornings or waking from my naps, just because I felt like I wasn't ready to do anything. I always felt like no matter how much sleep I got, it was never enough. And then there were the headaches. Oh my goodness, the headaches. Let's just say the first trimester was evil to me. However, things are starting to look up now that the first trimester is finally behind me. :) Woo-hoo!

I am still exercising and trying my darnest to eat healthily. But of course, those hamburgers and pizzas and french fries have no chance the minute I lay my eyeballs on them. I swim once or twice a week, still take my yoga classes, and go for a 3 mile run with the doggies on the weekends. I still feel great doing all of these things, and I swear that staying fit throughout my first pregnancy helped me have an easy labor, and also helped me recover so quickly. Let's hope this second pregnancy doesn't throw any more curve balls my way to take me off track.

I am definitely planning on having another unmedicated, all natural birth, like I did with Madison. Hey, I did it once. I should be a pro at shooting that thing out of my hoo- ha by now, right? I've got experience under my belt now. ;)

And of course, I'm sure you're wondering... What gender baby would I love to have? I'm not gonna bore you with the "as long as it's healthy, I don't care" answer. Because quite honestly... I want another girl! :) It's funny because when I was pregnant with Madi, I really wanted a boy. And then we found out we were having a girl, and I got sad. But I quickly got over it when we started shopping for her and decorating her nursery. And now that Madison is part of our lives, I cannot even imagine what it would be like to have a boy. Girls are toooo freaking cute, and it's so much more fun to shop for them hahaha. And then there's the part where I don't want to let go of all of Madi's old baby clothes, shoes, and girly toys. I'm such a sentimental fool, I think I would be a mess if I had to see them go (to be replaced by boy stuff). And now that I've made my confession, I'm pretty sure, as luck would have you, that I am having a boy. The Chinese calendar already said I'm having a boy. The morning sickness is probably a sign that I'm having a boy... The baby's high heart rate we heard at the doctor's office may be another sign that I'm having a boy... Oh, firetrucks and footballs, and robots and stuff... I guess those things can't be as bad as having glitter and princessy things lying around the house.

Anyway, in case you're curious (because I haven't seen you in awhile), here is my ever growing belly. It's slowly popping out. I've gained about 5 - 6 pounds so far, and hopefully, I can keep my weight gain under control as I did last time. I think I only gained 27 pounds during my first pregnancy. Unfortunately, I'm already off track this time around with my weight gain. Boo...


And of course, here's our Little Bean's mugshot at 9 weeks. It's soooo tiny and oh so cute, huh?

My how our Little Bean is growing! Here it is at 13 weeks!:

Madison is constantly rubbing my belly and saying, "Hi baby!" The best is when she pokes her little finger right into my belly button and wiggles it around, then says, "I'm tickling the baby!" Elbert and I aren't the only ones who are excited for this new baby! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment