Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Halfway There!


Eeeks! How on Earth am I already 20 weeks preggo? I'm already at the halfway point!!! Woo hoo!!! Well, let's just hope that I don't go longer that 40 weeks. If this baby boy is anything like his big sister, he'll arrive just on time or (hopefully) a tad bit earlier.

This pregnancy is killing me! Not as enjoyable as the first time around, that's for sure. Just when I thought all of the yucky pregnancy symptoms were over after I passed my first trimester, Mr. Second Trimester decided he wanted to mess with me some more. Not nice! :( Around 14 weeks pregnant, the exhaustion and voracious hunger pains disappeared. As well as the nauseousness, headaches, and wonderful feelings of needing to vomit. I was the happiest pregnant lady in town... Until the skin all over my body decided it wanted to dry up and make me as itchy and uncomfortable as possible. Cue in the body rashes and bloody skin (from scratching myself like a crazy woman. Hey! It was the only way to get relief!) all over my arms, legs, belly, and boobies. I broke out in rashes for a good 2 - 3 weeks. And then I scared myself reading about pregnancy rashes online, and decided to give my OB/GYN a call to have him check my thrashed up body out. I had to get my blood tested in case my rashes were from one of 2 common pregnancy-related rashes (which would have ruined my wishes of having another unmedicated, natural birth). Thank goodness my blood work came out negative. And although I am not breaking out in rashes anymore, I am still annoyingly super dry and itchy all over. No amount of lotion, oils, and 100% pure shea butter is curing it, and it's driving me bananas! I'm drinking a ton of water, eating pretty healthy, taking my omega-3's and DHA supplements, AND lathering my entire body with all of these supposedly moisturizing oils and lotions and butters like a million times a day. But somehow, the alligator skin remains, and the white ashy skin is still apparent everywhere. Aye dios mio.

Anywhoo, enough of me complaining. Wanna hear some good news for a change?!?!? Around 17-18 weeks pregnant, I finally started feeling our little baby fluttering around in my belly! I didn't feel Madi's flutters til around 20 - 22 weeks I think, so this was a special surprise being able to feel him much earlier! And then Elbert actually got to feel him kicking at 19 weeks!!!!! This is the fun part! And his kicks and punches and cartwheels are only going to get stronger and stronger as he gets bigger and bigger. And of course, as he gets bigger and bigger, so will my belly, which, I don't think is totally huge right now, but it just feels so out there and heavy! I already get so out of breath doing little things, like walking up the stairs, or bending over to rub lotion on my legs. Elbert thinks I'm gonna have a heart attack every time I come up the stairs. Man, at this rate, I'm gonna need a forklift to carry me up the stairs in another 10 weeks or so... Good bye abs! Hello belly!

0 comments:

Post a Comment