October 3rd, 2013:
Ahhh! Can you believe it? My silly bear is already 3 months old! Time flies when you have a reflux baby hahaha. Just kidding. :) My little chunkers is doing SOOOO well now. Albeit, he still has some tummy gas issues that sometimes keeps him up at night, but for the most part, he's sleeping (is out for 6 - 8 hours before his first wake up of the night. Yay!), I'm sleeping (finally!), he doesn't throw up often, he's nursing A LOT, AND he's a super happy baby that rarely cries (unless he's hungry or overstimulated). This makes mommy VERY happy! He's grown so much in the last few weeks. Although I haven't officially weighed him, I can just tell because my back and shoulders hurt from carrying that little meatball around.
At 3 months, Brandon has become super alert and aware of his surroundings. He constantly observes things that catches his interest (like the TV! Uh-oh, couch potato!). He's doing so well during tummy time and is getting stronger every day. Hopefully he gains his head control by next month! Brandon LOVES grabbing for things, whether its a dangling toy on his tummy time play mat, or my hair! Ouch! If the object is dangling in front of him, he will definitely reach up for it and then try to put his death grip on it.
Brandon must be teething now or something. I've never seen so much drool! Not only is he drooling and bubbling his spit out like a snail, but he is also shoving everything he can in his mouth. He loves sucking on his fists, his ball toys, his burp cloths, my fingers, or anything he can get his grubby little hands on. Madi never really showed signs of teething when she was a baby. Her teeth just kind of came out of nowhere! And I think her first tooth popped out when she was about 7 months old. At this rate, Brandon might be getting his first tooth at 4 - 5 months by the way he's chowing down on things and drooling. Or maybe its just a boy thing because boys are dirty and stinky! :)
I can't even explain to you how much happier this kid as become. It's like night and day. All of my friends have noticed the difference (since he's been on the reflux meds). He's a champion coo-er, professional smiler, and loves to laugh at funny faces and noises. Oh, how my heart melts every time I see that smiling face of his. Priceless!
At 3 months, Brandon has also established his bedtime routine. Yay! He gets cranky at about 6:30pm - 7:00pm, to which I respond with a warm, relaxing bath in the bathroom sink. This boy LOVES his baths. No matter how hard he's crying, a bath will always calm him down. Bath time is then followed by a wee baby massage session before putting him in his pajamas for the night. That is then followed by a tiny play session. Actually, it's more like an admiring session, where we put Brandon on a blankie on the floor and just shower him with kisses and "oooooh! you're so cute!" sayings. If he's REALLY tired, that can last about 2 minutes. Then its boob time, and then off to bed!
Not sure if I'm ready for him to grow up so quickly. He's fitting into 6 months clothing now. Next thing you know, he'll be sitting up by himself, crawling, walking, and then talking! I love my little man soooooo much, and just love to see all of the new things he does every day. It still amazes me how much he's grown and changed in the past 3 months, and just how he gets more and more adorable and handsome each and every day! :)
Here's a video of Brandon having a good old time during our little 3 month photo shoot:








0 comments:
Post a Comment