Monday, March 10, 2014

Happy 8 Month Birthday Brandon!


My little squishy meatball turned 8 months old on March 3rd. Hooray for me not waiting an entire month to post about it! Hey! I think I'm actually caught up on this blog now! Let's see how long I can keep this up! :)

Not too many new things have happened this past month for Brandon. Although, I can say that Brandon finally has mastered sitting up solidly for long periods of time. It's about time this guy has started doing things for himself instead of always wanting to be held! He's been a master of his jumperoo (at times I think he's going to break the thing since he's such a violent jumper!), and he's the captain of his exersaucer now (a circular station thing that has activities/toys around him), spinning around and exploring all of the toys like nobody's business . The latest thing we're working on now is standing up, using the ottoman we have in our family room, to lean on. He's got pretty strong legs, but he still hasn't figured out how to use them for any type of mode of transportation, like wanting to crawl or scoot. If he keeps this laziness up, he'll end up like Madison- didn't really crawl til almost 1 year old, and didn't walk til 14 months old. Although, when she did end up walking at 14 months old, she was pretty good at it. None of this "Frankenstein" phase.


Guess what? The little booger STILL is NOT sleeping through the night. What I would give for him to be 3 months old again. That kid USED to sleep for a good 6 - 8 hour stretch before waking up for the first night feed. And then once 5 months came along, that all went out the window. He's got me wrapped around his cute little, tiny fingers. He knows if he wakes up and cries, Mommy will immediately come to the rescue. I've been trying to let him cry it out every once in a while, but its so heart breaking to hear him cry SCREAM like it's the end of the world. The times I have let him cry it out, he'll last a solid 20 - 30 minutes screaming his head off until he's sweaty, cries so hard he throws up, or will actually cry himself to sleep.

At 8 months old, we now have added yogurt to his diet. And boy does he LOVE to eat that thing! When I first discovered that he liked yogurt, I bought him lots of it and fed it to him maybe twice a day with it??? And then guess what happened... He got constipated! Again! Man! Why is it that every food that he LOVES makes him constipated? Well, except for avocados. I suppose I should stick to the rule of thumb that sometimes there can be too much of a good thing.

Brandon's hand coordination is out of this world now! He can pick up little things with his fingers (pincer grasp) and when he holds an object in his hands, it's super cute how he HAS to inspect every side and every angle of the object. He's a very curious cookie. Whenever something catches his interest, he'll inspect and explore it to its fullest with his eyes and hands (if available).


And good news about his helmet!!! He's almost done with it! His head has improved SO much that I think it'll be another month or 2 at most until he gets it off! I'm sure his head won't be perfectly round, but at least it won't be flat on one side anymore! Yay! I can't wait for that thing to come off! And I'm sure Brandon will appreciate his head being out of that prison too!

Here's to hoping for an awesome 9 month birthday next month! Come on Brandon, tone down the laziness and give us something to cheer about! Although I really don't want you to be crawling around right now (I don't want to have to chase you around the house or watch your every move right now haha), it'd be kind of exciting to see you WANT to scoot around, or even TRY to scoot around, instead of just laying around, or sitting for a long time, just to throw your arms up in the air, signalling me to pick you up. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment