Week one came and gone. Off to Target we went to buy extra Pregnancy tests... I still had one of those fancy digital Clearblue Easy tests left (remember, I wasted the last one!), but we figured that we should buy extra tests in case we wanted to test myself multiple days (hey, I was getting good at this peeing on a stick thing) or to validate a possible positive reading on a test if it were to happen...
The Monday of Week Two rolled along... Elbert, being the impatient, overly excited one, asked me to try a pregnancy test... I was like, there's no way in heck it's gonna show up positive if I were to. If anything, I think Aunt Flo would pay a visit that following Friday and that would be a better time to try the pregnancy test. But we had extra tests, and the box did say "Early results 5 days sooner." See!

So I thought, what the hey, let's give it a try... Peed... waited 3 minutes... negative... only one line... That's when I told Elbert, "I told you so!!!!" (He should have listened to me in the first place. Hasn't he learned that I am always right?) ;) So we agreed to wait until Friday to try the test again...
Friday morning came along. We woke up and the first thing Elbert said to me was, "Go test yourself!" I'm sure he was waiting all week for Friday to come just so we could try the pregnancy test again. So I got out of bed, all sleepy, with one eye open... Walked to the bathroom, tore open a pregnancy test packet, and peed... And waited 3 minutes... And... Umm... Have my eyes woken up enough? Because I could have sworn I saw 2 pink lines in the results window... I rubbed my eyes a wee bit more, turned on the bathroom lights (like that was going to help, it was a super sunny morning and it was fully lighted and bright in the bathroom). Yup- there ya have it... Two distinct pink lines in the results window... "Umm... Elbert?? I think I'm pregnant..." Not a second to spare, Elbert was out of bed in a flash and came looking at the pregnancy test... He confirmed that yes, there were absolutely 2 pink lines in the results window, which definitely indicates that I have a pea in the pod...

Ok, so let's not be so hasty, right? I thought the ultimate verification of this positive result was to bust out the all-mighty digital Clearblue Easy Pregnancy Test! It would definitely say "Pregnant" or "Not Pregnant" (which I have experienced the rejection the month prior). As I opened up the package to the digital test, I could hear the angels singing, "Ahhh!!!" as though the gates of Heaven were opening up. This was THE test. The one and only test that I thought rocks. It's freakin digital! It can't lie, right?
Round 2... Let's verify that first positive test... Peed... Waited 3 minutes... And...
Holy smokes!!! I am freakin' pregnant!!! I thought this was suppose to take a few months of trying!!! Elbert claims its his super sperm. I claim it was the hanging upside down method. Well, however it happened, I could now mark on my calendars that Friday, September 25, 2009 is the day I found out that I got knocked up...
0 comments:
Post a Comment