Wednesday, June 16, 2010

2 Week Appointment...


Hooray! We made it to Week 2 of parenting! As I slowly nod off to sleep while typing this blog entry, I can still attest that this lack of sleep is so worth it. Madi has been a wonderful sleeper through the night. However, she is on a 3 hour schedule, which means that I gotta wake my butt up every 3 hours to feed her. The process takes about an hour since I gotta feed her, burb her, keep her upright for like 10 minutes (so she doesn't get gassy), change her poopy/pee diaper, swaddle her, put her back to sleep, and then pump my right boobie (since she only feeds on the left), then store the gallons of milk my right boob produces either in the freezer or fridge, and then ice my poor, hard working boobies so they don't swell up... By the time I get back to bed, I have about an hour and a half to 2 hour sleep before I gotta do the same routine over again. So that explains why I feel like a zombie during the day, but it's all so worth it. Madi needs me and there is no way you can get mad at that! :)

So Madison had her 2 week appointment with our pediatrician on Monday (June 14th). At this appointment, they checked her general health, and made sure that she has gained at least her birth weight back. She was born at 7lbs 13oz. At her 3 day appointment, she lost 8oz which brought her to 7lbs 5oz. She has been a champion eater so I wasn't too worried, but of course, the suspense of knowing how much she weighed was killing me! So the pediatrician checked her out and guess how much this little tubby weighed in?! She weighed in at 8lbs 10oz!!! What an oinker!!! Geez!!! I knew she has been feeding well, but not THAT well! hahaha She also grew 1.5 inches longer, so Madison is now 21 inches long. All of her vitals came out healthy and 100% ok, so the doctor basically told us to be proud that she's been eating, pooping, peeing, and growing quite well! Yay!!!! Those are things a mother always likes to hear! :) Madi's next appointment is when she turns 2 months old.

Here's Madi enjoying some tummy time on her forest animals play gym!

Little Miss Daisy has been Madi's personal body guard from the very beginning... Here she is making sure that none of the animals on the playmat are gonna attack her 2-legged baby sister:

0 comments:

Post a Comment