Wednesday, June 23, 2010

We Made It to Week 3!


And another week has gone by! Monday was Madison's 3 week birthday! I can't believe how fast this has gone! I STILL think about the day I went into labor and everything that happened that night. It's crazy to think that all that happened 3 weeks ago. Elbert and I are adjusting to being parents quite well, and all of the fussiness and baby cries of last week are now things of the past. It doesn't really phase me when baby Madi cries her little eyes out or screams at the top of her lungs when she's tired. Babies cry and that's just something we'll have to live with until they get a wee bit older and cry for other reasons, like why we can't buy her a pony... All kidding aside, I think we're getting used to understanding how to handle Madi's afternoon/evening fussiness and also have established a (so far so good) bedtime routine that still gets her to sleep through the night. When I say "sleep through the night," I mean, sleep at her 3 hour intervals without crying a peep. :)

Madison is getting bigger by the minute! I can tell she's gaining weight because she is getting heavier to carry, and that belly of hers is getting rounder and rounder. We did a (not so accurate) measurement with our little elementary school ruler and found her to now be about 22 inches long! At this rate, she'll definitely be super model material! ;) Madi is still a dog-gone oinker when it comes to feeding. She LOVES her food, er, breastmilk, and she totally looks forward to feeding time.

Poor Madi is also getting in her "baby acne." I guess babies usually get baby acne at around 3 weeks of age and can last up to a month or so. It's not too bad so far, just a few bumps on her sweet little cheeks... Signs that she's growing up!

Before I start talking about myself below (hehe), I will leave you off with a pic of Madi and her new bunny pal that we hope she grows up to love and carry around as her security blanket. I can totally picture her walking around the house in her one piece pajama set with the little footsies, dragging this bunny up and down the stairs...


*************************
So I weighed myself on Monday just to see where I am at so I can start thinking about my exercise routine in the next couple of weeks... I was quite surprised to see that I only have about 6 pounds to lose to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight! How in the world did that happen? I didn't do anything! Not that I'm complaining about it. :) I gained a total of 28 pounds during my pregnancy, and now I'm down to 6 pounds over my "starting" weight... I actually tried on some of my pre-pregnancy shorts and pants today and I am soooooo happy that I fit in them already! Well, with some extra flab on the side, but hey! I can button them up and that's all that matters! :)

Here's to looking forward to Madi's one month birthday!!!! It's coming up soon!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment