Thursday, October 21, 2010

20 Weeks - Brat Attack!


Sorry for the delay in posting Madi's 20 week update! Work has been busy... Well, actually work AND taking care of Madi at the same time has been busy! Good bye to "me" time! :) I probably get about 30 minutes of "me" time a day now, which is usually around 10:00 - 10:30pm, right before I go to bed, just to wake up to do it all over again the next day. I need a vacation! :)

Anyhow, this past Monday was Madison's 20 week birthday! That's technically her 5 month mark (although her 5 month birthday is on Halloween!! Exciting!). I don't know what was in her Kool-Aid this past week, but Madison turned into a MAJOR MAJOR brat!!! First off, she HATES being left alone now... Not that we ever leave her alone. What I mean is that sometimes we'll set her down on her lounger or on the floor with her toys, while we go make breakfast or something. She's usually VERY content playing by herself... Well, up until this week. The minute we "leave" her for a few minutes to fix ourselves something to eat, she'll just cry and cry and cry. And then, to top it all off, she hasn't been taking any naps during the day!!! OK, maybe one 30 minute nap, but that's not even worth calling a nap, considering that she's been awake from about 7:30am and goes to bed at 7:30pm... I'm sure the brattiness is a result of the lack of naps. What gives, Madison?! At least she still sleeps through the night, so that hasn't been disrupted by her new attitude problem. I've always wanted to say this- this totally validates me being a Mom by saying this... And its what my parents used to tell me as a teenager... But Madison, "You need an attitude adjustment!" :) hahaha

I guess I can't blame her for her new bratty attitude. It might even be my fault... I bought her some "skinny" jeans the other day... I think the clothes gave her the new attitude. She thinks she's one tough cookie... But I couldn't resist. The "skinny" jeans are so cute (and even better, they were only like $6.00!) Look at how long her legs look in them! :)

Anyway, that's besides the point. :)

Madi has also been VERY interested in food lately. I've always eaten in front of her, not to torture her by saying, "hey look what I got that you can't have," but just because I want her to see how us "big" people eat food. She's always watched us eat, but never really seemed THAT interested in it until this past week. She's shown SO much interest whenever we eat anything. She'll stop what she's doing and just stare at our food. And then stare at the food going into our mouths. She's been shoving her toys and her hands into her mouth so much more lately, that I think she's trying to emulate our eating actions. Or it could be an early sign of teething... Not sure... Maybe that explains the brattiness and the lack of naps? Well, she has been drooling way more lately and has been biting things and shoving things in her mouth like it's the last time she'll ever get to put the item in her mouth. Either way, whether it's her interest in eating real food or an early onset to teething, I see solids coming into her diet in the near future!!! Hooray for stinkier poops and constipation! What do you think about that, Madison? (See reaction below)

To pay homage to her 20 week birthday, here's a wee collage of Madi's silly faces... There's the straight face, happy face, and silly, fat face:

0 comments:

Post a Comment