
Our little chunky monkey is 33 weeks old today. And what an exciting day! Madison has a brand spankin' new baby cousin today named Katie! Congratulations Kimi and V! Madison can't wait to meet Katie! :)
Looks like the separation anxiety is starting to kick in full effect these days. Madison used to be so good with other people holding her and getting passed around like a hot potato. But lately? Not so much... I guess it was bound to happen, as all the books and magazines and websites say. They all say that around 6 months of age, our babies will start to get separation anxiety, where they will start to get a bit clingy to their mom and not be too happy when a "stranger" holds them. Supposedly getting our babies socialized at an early age, like taking them to play groups or toting them around while running our errands, should help. Well... Madison has been going to play groups since she was 2 months old... So her separation anxiety was either bound to happen anyway OR it means that I'm not taking her out enough lately (because of freakin' work! Ugh! I'm so sick of work taking over my life and keeping me away from taking my baby places and playing with her and having fun! It's gotten so bad, I just want to quit!! Argh!!! OK, thanks for letting me vent!). Anyway, just wanted to warn all ya'll who come over and want to hold Madi. She MIGHT cry! Don't be offended! :)
Madison has been doing so well with her solid foods, but lately, she has her favorites and not so favorites. Asparagus and turkey in particular. I don't blame her. The turkey makes ME want to gag, so how in the world is SHE going to like it? And asparagus? Well, although I LOVE my veggies, Madi seems to be leaning on the "eeewww" side of it. She used to just suck it up and eat things she didn't really like, which really aren't many things since she seems to like everything. But lately, you KNOW for a fact if she hates it. She shuts her lips SO tightly and turns her head away. There's no way a spoonful of her not so favorite stuff is getting through those gates.
And I can't believe I've waited SOOOO long to do this... But Madi FINALLY sits in her stroller without her car seat attachment! Yay! Such a big girl! So she sits directly in the stroller seat and she seems to LOVE facing forward and seeing all the exciting things coming her way. I guess I was so used to putting her in her carseat and transporting her around in the stroller with it, that I never really thought about putting her directly in the stroller. It was always so easy to just open the car door, grab the car seat, pop her on the stroller, and roll! I guess the extra work of unbuckling her seat belt and then fitting her back into the carseat and adjusting her seat belts when we're ready to get back in the car, is all worth it if it makes Madi happy to sit facing forward in her stroller hahaha.
0 comments:
Post a Comment