Saturday, June 4, 2011

Madi's 1st Birthday Luau Party!

Madison threw a big Hawaiian luau themed birthday party at our home to celebrate her 1st birthday! She had a blast with all of her family and friends! For those who couldn't make it, you were all tremendously missed! And boy, Mommy had NO clue that throwing her little girl a birthday party was like planning a wedding! Whew! That was pretty stressful... Mommy was doing so many last minute things, especially the day of the party, that she didn't even get a chance to brush her own hair and put on her Hawaiian get up for the party! I was literally making all of the frosting for the cupcakes about an hour before the party, hoping that it would turn out ok because I wouldn't have had time to go to the store to make a new batch (or buy ready made frosting! Eeks! haha). Madi definitely won't be having another "big" party like this until she's 16 haha.

The weather couldn't have been better for the outdoor pool party. Madison was also a very good girl and took her 2 hour nap before her shindig so that she was nice and rested to party hardy. We ordered SUPER delicious Hawaiian food from Da Kine's Plate Lunch Catering. I'm bummed I didn't get a picture of all of the deliciousness that was served (and I didn't even get to eat any of the food until 9pm that night! Booo!!). We had Kalua Pig with cabbage, Teriyaki Chicken, Korean style Kal-bi Ribs, Macaroni Salad, Spam Musubi (which I didn't even get to try either! Double boo!!!), and a regular tossed green salad. SORRY for any vegetarians that came- we SOOOO didn't think about you guys when we ordered the food hahaha.

Here is Madi's smash cake that I made for her (which I finished minutes before the party started). It was a carrot cake with cream cheese frosting. I did a pretty good job, didn't I? hahaha Pat on the back for me! Yay! hahaha



Here is the lovely cupcake tower of the 70 homemade cupcakes I made. Thanks Alanna for letting us use the fabulous cupcake stand! The two flavors were a carrot cake with cream cheese frosting, and a vanilla cupcake with fresh strawberry cream cheese frosting. Thank goodness they were a hit (unless people were just being nice to me so I could feel better about myself). :)

We had a cute little tiki hut bar behind our jacuzzi where we served mai tais, virgin mai tais, and beer. Our across the street neighbors let us borrow the tiki hut, which totally added a nice touch to Madi's party for the "grown-ups" that attended. :)

Thank goodness Madi's birthday is right before summer time. That means there's a million luau themed party decorations available to choose from. I stopped by our local 99 cent store and bought a bunch of luau decorations for cheap! Thanks Alanna again for giving us all of your super cute paper flowers you made for Sam's birthday! They went beautifully with our luau theme and made the patio area beautiful!

Glad everyone was enjoying themselves!

Here's Madison's friend (also named Madison), who was ready to hula! :) SO cute that she dressed for the occasion!

Super happy that the pool and jacuzzi were being used!

Here is Madison after we sung "Happy Birthday" to her. She did get a wee bit messy from attacking her smash cake, but not nearly as crazy as I thought she would get.

Madison thought it would be funny to get Mommy involved with the the blue frosting too! Silly girl!

All in all, Madi's birthday celebration was a success. Madison didn't have a meltdown as I expected her to hahaha. That in itself made the party successful! :) Our baby girl is now 1 year old and we cannot even begin to tell you how proud of Madison we are. She has grown up to be such an amazing little girl, so full of personality. I just can't wait to see her blossom into a bossy little toddler, walking around on her own, running around on her own, and being her own little person. Thank you everyone for helping us celebrate Madison's 1st year!!!

(And if anyone has pictures from the party, please send them on over to me! You can never have too many pictures haha)

2 comments:

  1. We had a wonderful time at your party, Madi. Thank you for inviting us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great party!!! Thank you for letting us celebrate with you and Madi!

    ReplyDelete