Monday, October 31, 2011
Happy Halloween!
Our little sushi roll would like to wish everyone a happy Halloween!!! And yes, it was a miracle that Madi FINALLY put on the homemade sushi costume long enough to let me take pictures of her this morning. AND she wore it again tonight, parading around downtown Encinitas to go trick or treating! Yay! I didn't spend all those hours making her costume for nothing! And boy oh boy, Madi was a total hit downtown today! I don't know how many people stopped us to take Madi's picture tonight... Or all of the comments that were made as we were walking by all of the shops on how cute she was... We even got a standing ovation from a group of people eating at a restaurant who just adored her. It was amazing!
Anyway, I spent all of my free time making Madi's costume the past few weeks that I totally forgot all about me! I really wanted to be a sushi with Madi, but seeing that today is Halloween AND I still didn't have a costume for myself, I was kinda bummed that I wouldn't be dressed up with Madi. And then a light went off in my head! I went through all of the scraps that were left from Madi's costume and found that I had enough fabric to make me a Kikkoman Soy Sauce costume! Believe it or not, I made it in 30 minutes (or less). I was the soy sauce to Madi's sushi! Ahhh, I love it! :)
Here's the back of Madi's costume.
Wow! Looks like my little sushi roll is actually having fun in her costume!
Madi and Daddy taking a stroll downtown Encinitas for their annual trick or treating event.
Madi checking out some carved pumpkins.
Madi enjoying some music from Hullabaloo at The Lumberyard Shopping Center. Man, this band gets the kiddies dancing like it's nobody's business!
Happy Halloween everyone! This little sushi roll (along with her soy sauce) had a blast tonight!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











LOL! Great job! I bet people were dying over it! Love the soy sauce addition too! You are awesome!
ReplyDeleteThanks Cory!!! It was pretty awesome to see Madi struttin her stuff for trick or treating downtown Encinitas. I'm usually NOT that creative, nor do my execution of artistic things turn out the way they should, but somehow the sushi (and soy sauce) thing amazingly worked out for us hahaha.
ReplyDelete