Sunday, November 6, 2011

17 Months - A Little Girl

(Madi & her half smile face)

Halloween day was Madi's 17 month birthday. I can't believe our Madi Cakes is almost a year and a half old!!! Eeks!!! I'm constantly going through her old pictures and videos (because I'm obsessed with my baby, AND because Madi loves looking at herself and yells at me to show her more pictures and videos of herself), and it just amazes me every day, how much she has grown into this little girl. She's at the age where she's constantly learning something new every day. And she's great at catching on and mimicking actions that we do. This little girl is pretty sharp and doesn't miss a thing!

At 17 months, she's become a Yo Gabba Gabba addict. She loves dancing to their music (you should see her shake her booty!) and knows about 5 of their episodes by heart. She also loves Curious George, The Cat in the Hat, and loves Elmo from Sesame Street. But none of them gets nearly the same amount of love or attention she gives to Yo Gabba Gabba!

Madison has also become the "Poo Nazi." What the heck am I talking about, you ask? :) Well... As you know, we do have 2 big dogs. And those 2 big dogs poo a lot in the backyard. Every time Madi sees poo in the backyard, she runs to it, points to it, yells at it, then yells at us to pick it up. It's hilarious! After yelling at the poo, she'll then tell us "bag," which means, "Mommy/Daddy! Get a bag and pick this mess up!" Once we get the bag, she'll run to a pile of poo and just point and point and point to it until we pick it up. And once we pick it up, she runs to the next pile of poo and points and yells at it. She does this over and over until all of the poo is picked up. Can't wait til she's old enough to pick it up herself. I'm sure she'll enjoy that chore, seeing that she's already gung ho about having a clean yard. :) Which reminds me... She did try to pick up poo once by herself. I, once, gave her a bag just to hold while I was doing laundry, and she immediately ran to the backyard with it. She went straight for a pile of poo and placed the bag on it. Too smart for her own good...

Anyway... Enough writing about poo... I guess what I was trying to say from the beginning with this poo story is that Madi wants to do every "chore" that she sees us doing. She's seen us pick up the poo and I guess she just wanted to do it too! She also likes "helping" us take the trash out, water the plants, feed the dogs, wipe the counter tops, floors, and cabinet doors, put laundry in the dryer, and get the mail. It's just too cute to see her want to do everything that the "grown ups" do around the house!

So... I think Madison has given up her naps... :( I don't remember the last time she actually laid her head down in her crib for a nap. It's gotta be at least 2 weeks ago? I've given up hope on this nap thing. She'll sneak in a wee snooze here and there while in the car or in the stroller if I take her out for a walk, but those cat naps don't even compare to the 2 - 3 hour naps she used to religiously take every day. And because Madison isn't napping anymore, it's been taking a toll on me. I'm extremely exhausted from caring for her the minute she wakes up in the morning, til the minute I put her down to sleep. And a baby that doesn't nap is usually a fussy baby. And to have a fussy baby scream and cry and throw tantrums at you all day, every day, will eventually wear down your patience and drive you insane haha. I've reached that point (sadly) and have finally decided to get a nanny (starting this coming Monday!). Well... The "nanny" is just gonna be our neighbor's 20-something year old daughter, who's gonna come once/ twice a week for 2 hours a day. Hopefully, I can escape those 2 hours a day and reclaim my sanity. :)

I'm also FINALLY down to 1 boob feeding a day! Yay! Almost totally weened off the boob! I'm sure I can go a whole day without boob feeding her, but I cave in every time she looks at me and asks for it. How can I tell her "no" when she gives me that look and begs for it? Good thing she only asks for it once during the day. She's totally fine without it before bedtime, which was the one feeding I was so scared to take away. We usually sing her a "good night" song before bed, and at the end of the song, SHE'S the one that tells us "bye bye", gives us a kiss and a hug, and she's off to bed! I guess I got scared for nothing! :) Anyway, my goal is to get her totally weened off by her 18 month birthday. I think I can do it...

Our little Madi Cakes is getting better and better at trying to talk. Her words still aren't very clear, but they're getting better. I'm sure anyone who hears her talking would have no idea what in the world she's saying, but we've figured most of her "words" out. It still blows my mind how we can just talk to Madison and how well she understands and responds back to us in her own cute little way.

Madison is growing up so quickly. I just love listening to her jibber jabber her nonsense words in her cute little voice. I love watching her run around and do silly things all around the house, like doing spontaneous somersaults, kissing of random objects, shaking her booty to music, and shrieking and laughing at the top of her lungs because she's about to close the door on the dogs and leave them outside. I love watching her play with her toys, play pretend with her dolls, and go nuts drawing on paper with her markers, pens, and pencils (our furniture are very scared for this). Even though Madi can be a whiny little brat at times (actually... LOTS of times hehe), it's these moments that just melt my heart and make me feel all warm and tingly inside. I love Madison SOOOOO much, words will never describe the joy and happiness she brings me. Can't wait to see how much more of a talking little girl she will turn into by the next month!

0 comments:

Post a Comment