Monday, December 26, 2011

18 Month Doctor Visit!



Holy smokes, this blog post is WAY overdue! Seeing that Madi will be 19 months old in 5 days, I better post about her 18 months stats while she's still 18 months old! :)

If you haven't noticed, the lack of blog posts is partly due to the fact that the holidays is usually a busy time of the year. Add in a no napping baby (except for when I take her for 30 minute walks, or a long car drive), last minute holiday shopping, keeping up with Madi's busy schedule (preschool, play and music classes, and playdates with her many friends), AND having Madi be awake until 9pm instead of her usual 7:30pm bedtime, you have one exhausted mama who, not only has no time during the day to feed herself, but is also WAY too tired at night to even attempt to think about turning the computer on to write about stuff. So enough of the "woe is me" spiel... Let's get on to the good stuff about Madi! :)

Madi's 18 month doctor's visit (which was about 2 weeks ago), went very well. Elbert actually got to come with us to this doctor's visit- his first doctor's visit since Madi was a newborn! Yay! It was a big relief to me only because Madi is now very mobile, and it's quite hard to keep a mobile toddler entertained and distracted from being poked and prodded at by a doctor. Never mind, keeping her busy during the wait time.

Madi did really well while the doctor checked her eyes, ears, nose, throat, chest and back. She was actually all smiles and was interacting with the doctor. Who knew a baby could be so happy at the doctor's office? This was a good sign, especially since she had 2 shots coming. The dreaded shots... I always dread shots time because I know it hurts my baby, and it breaks my heart to see her cry from pain. Thank goodness Elbert was there to think about this (because I would never have thought of it), but when Madi started crying her little eyes out after getting her shots, Elbert told her that she had pink stickers on both of her legs. Those pink stickers, by the way, were her band aids. And Madi LOVES stickers, so she immediately got happy after seeing the "stickers" on her legs. I don't even think she remembered getting pricked by needles after that. Yay for a happy baby!!!

Madi checked out nice and healthy. Madi also impressed the doctor by showing her where her boobs were (thanks Elbert for teaching her that body part). Anyway, I think the only thing the doctor was concerned about was how much milk we're giving her. On a good day, Madi only drinks about 5 - 6 ounces of whole milk a day. Some days, she drinks less. I can't force the girl to drink milk if she doesn't want to... But if anyone out there has any fun suggestions on how to get your baby to drink more milk, please feel free to share! I'm not too concerned about her milk intake, as she eats plenty of yogurt and cheese for her calcium and fats...

And on to the fun part... Here are Madi's 18 month stats:

************************

HEIGHT: 33.25 inches (90%)

WEIGHT: 22 pounds, 1 oz (40%)

HEAD CIRCUMFERENCE: 47 cm (75%)

************************

0 comments:

Post a Comment