Monday, December 5, 2011
18 Months - A Year & A Half! Yikes!
This past Wednesday was Madison's 18 month birthday! What?!?! How did that happen? How is she already a year and a half years old? Do I need to start planning her 2nd birthday soon (which, by the way, will NOT be nearly as "extravagant" as her 1st birthday party, sorry to disappoint hehe)? We finally just took down Madi's birthday party decorations from our backyard patio the other week (talk about lazy!), and we were just saying to ourselves how 6 months already flew by since Madi turned 1 and had her birthday party. I guess time does fly when you're having fun...
At 18 months, Madi has turned into this little monster who LOVES to test her limits (and test mommy's patience!). It's somewhat cute and annoying at the same time hahaha. It's so cute to see her develop into this little girl who has her own personality, thoughts, opinions, likes and dislikes, and she knows (for a fact) what she wants and doesn't want at any moment in time. It's quite annoying because now she listens upon deaf ears, laughs in our face when we tell her "no" or try to be stern with her, AND she throws the biggest and craziest fit when she doesn't get her way. Of course, the minute she does get her way, Miss Pouty Face disappears in an instant, and out comes Little Miss Sunshine. It's all an act, I tell you. And I fall for it every time, just because it breaks my heart to be "mean" to her, or see her unhappy. Yes, I know... We've created a monster. Someone please give me a lesson in disciplining my child please! :)
I guess it shouldn't be surprising that Madison is majorly bossy. Her new thing? She loves to tell you exactly where you should be standing or sitting. And if you don't stand or sit where she tells you too, you'll get yelled at. She's already had plenty of practice being bossy with the dogs. You should see her barking orders to them, telling them to lie down next to her on either their bed or our bed. Of course, they don't listen to her, and I have to tell the dogs to lie next to her so she doesn't throw a fit. Anyway... In a nutshell... Madison has us wrapped around her tiny little fingers, and we're just merely puppets to her. At least I'm admitting it. :)
Madi's verbal communication skills are getting better and better every week! Although half the things that comes out of that little girl's mouth is still gibberish, the other half is starting to come out more clear! For example, she used to say "Mo" for Elmo. But now she says "Ah-mo!" She also knows how to say 2 of her friends' names - "Ham" for Sam, and "Noona" for Luna. She also loves to point out and say all the different body parts on her dolls, like their eyes, ears, nose, mouth, neck, back, and toes. It's quite exciting to see her interested in talking and repeating words we say to her!
Oh! And super exciting stuff... Madi knows her colors!!! Although she knows all the colors of the rainbow, she can only SAY a few of them. She says "reh" for red, "oh" for orange, "lolololo" for yellow (my favorite! hahaha!), "boo" for blue, and "pee" for pink.
Also... The babysitting situation... Haley, our babysitter, is working out great! She comes over twice a week for 2 hours at a time, and Madi LOVES her! I seriously thought Madi would freak out being left alone at home with a "stranger" the first time Haley started coming over. But wow, did she prove me wrong! And I love it! That means I can get my sanity time during the week, AND Madi can learn to not be SO attached to me all the time. Yay for trying out new things and being successful with it!
And last, but not least... Madi is officially off the boob... Finally!!! And Madi is totally OK with it. I said 18 months, and I did it!!! Well, actually... Madi weaned herself off, with a little of my help of course. But at least she made that decision for herself, and it wasn't something that I took away from her. A part of me is crying inside because I actually loved nursing her. And I miss it! And now it feels like my baby has grown up, moved out, and doesn't need me anymore. Aside from the fact that my boobs are now the size of peas, I am also kinda happy that at least I can toss out the good 'ol nursing bras and wear my cute, normal bras again! Yay! haha! And I don't have to wear boob-feeding friendly clothing anymore! Although, I think I still will just because I'm so used to them, and they're so comfy! :) And I don't ever have to worry about having to boob feed her in public places or anywhere on-the-go too! Now that's what I call FREEDOM!!!! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment