Monday, December 26, 2011

Madi, The Jr. Elephant Keeper.

Last week, I decided to take Madi to the zoo as a special pre- Christmas week outing, just us two. Well, we also had nothing planned that day, so why not go to the zoo, see some animals, and start the day off with a very happy Madi? Anyway, what made this zoo outing more special than the other times we went, was that Madi debuted her Jr. Elephant Keeper outfit!!! And oh my gosh, was she soooo adorable walking around the zoo in her zoo keeper outfit. I'm telling you, she got stopped so many times by so many different people to tell her how cute she was. She really was quite darling, I must say. :) We bought her this elephant keeper outfit from the zoo before Halloween, as a back up costume in case her home made sushi costume didn't work out. Well, we all know that her sushi costume was a hit (I'm giving myself a pat on the back now for creating that masterpiece!), so Madi didn't have the opportunity to bust out the elephant keeper outfit until now! I think we have a future zoo keeper in the making. The outfit suits her quite well!


Here's Madi feeding a goat some hay. Doesn't she look like she really works at the zoo? :)

The San Diego Zoo was all decorated for Christmas. Out by the front entrance was their "Conservation Tree," which makes for a cute picture opportunity for the family. But since it was only Madi and I, it was a great opportunity for me to take Madi's picture near the beautiful Christmas tree.

Here's Madi being a silly zoo keeper!

And best of all, here's Madi doing her "funny face."

So... The zoo is having a weekly photo contest (started December 10th through January 1st), where you can submit a picture by the Conservation Tree. They said that the sillier the photo, the better. Anyway, there's one winner per week, who will win an Inside Look Tour for 4. The Grand Prize winner at the end of the month will win a Backstage Pass Tour for 4. Since I took these pictures of Madi by the Conservation Tree, I figured, what the heck, I'll submit Madi's "funny face" picture... And what do you know?!?!!? WE WON for this week!!!!!! Yay!!!! I'm so excited about the Inside Tour (being obsessed with animals and all). Here's the San Diego Zoo's tweet about our win for the week: CLICK HERE.

0 comments:

Post a Comment