Thursday, January 12, 2012

19 Months - The "Big Girl"


Some (more) excuses as to why I still have yet to update this blog recently... (1) Santa got me an awesome new camera for Christmas, and I have yet to figure out how to upload the super cute videos on to You Tube without it going all weird on me. (2) Madi being a toddler = no time for me to sit down and write! :) So here we are yet again, with a blog post that should have been written the other week. I hate playing catch up, but then again, I hate leaving you fans hanging (fans = Grandma and Grandpa hahaha). Anyway...

New Years Eve was Madison's 19 month birthday. She's getting closer and closer to that ripe old age of 2! I've been fearfully dreading the "terrible 2's," as I've heard that kids this age are just outta control. I'm scared. VERY scared. Madi has already started showing signs of "terribleness." She's growing up and realizing that screaming and whining and giving me puppy dog eyes usually gets her what she wants. She knows that by throwing temper tantrums or repeating things over and over and over and over and over again will eventually break me down, and turn my "no's" into "ok, fine! YES!" Madison isn't 2 yet, but are you telling me that as she gets older, all of these things will get worse? If so... Preschool or daycare (whichever comes first), here I come!!!! :)

On the bright side, Madison is becoming quite the young lady. She is so talkative and animated these days, it's hard to believe how intelligent and how much of a "big girl" she has already become. She is definitely a sponge right now, soaking up everything through her eyes and ears, and spitting it all back out. We definitely gotta watch what we say and how we act in front of her now. For example, a few weeks ago, Elbert was telling me a story about how Madi had "scared the hell out of Daisy" one night. Right after he told me that, Madi started saying over and over again, "Hell out of Daisy! Hell out of Daisy! Hell out of Daisy!" There are worse things we could have said, but it just goes to show you that even though it may seem like Madi's not paying attention to us, she is definitely listening or hearing what is going on around her. Yikes!

Speaking about becoming a "big girl," Madison is in love with playing with her baby dolls, and all dolls alike, whether they be her stuffed animals or her weird Yo Gabba Gabba creatures. She treats them like real babies by cuddling with them, giving them kisses, feeding them food and drinks, taking them for a ride in her toy shopping cart, ride on cars, or in her toy baby stroller. She loves to cook for them in her play kitchen that she got from Santa, and just handles them with so much care. That imagination of hers is amazing! I can't believe half the things I see her do with her baby dolls. It's just too cute to see that little girl side of her. It's funny because she can be the biggest, whiniest brat ever, but I know deep down inside, she's just a sweet, precious, smart, and caring little girl, just by watching her play and care for her dolls.

Madi is also totally into singing and dancing. It melts my heart every time I hear her "sing" or watch her dancing to music. Hopefully she'll follow in mama's footsteps and have a love for the arts and music (to counter balance the nerdiness she got from Elbert). :) I've set up my old keyboard (from my rockstar days hehe) in her room and she loves playing with it, pushing all the keys and different buttons, making the different demo beats pop up, so she can dance to the funky rhythm that comes blaring out of the speakers. She also loves to strum my guitar here and there. I can't wait until her tiny hands can actually wrap around the guitar and she strums her first note on her own.

At 19 months, Madi now has a total of 14 teeth. 6 more teeth to go to complete her set of baby teeth!!! Both of her top canines popped through, which I think were kind of painful for maybe a couple days. There were probably about a total of 2 or 3 days that I remember awhile back, when she, out of nowhere, woke up in the middle of the night screaming and crying for no apparent reason. But after that, she went back to her normal, 10 - 12 hours of uninterrupted sleep through the night. But I'm wondering if she's teething again, because she's had this new fascination with biting things (like my finger or my shirt or her doll's feet!), AND she's been putting random things in her mouth, like how she used to when she was a wee itty bitty baby! I never really had to worry about her putting objects in her mouth before, until now... The other day, I caught her chewing on a crayon. I've also caught her chewing on a rock! I've also had to fish out a chapstick cap out of her mouth, AND her barrettes that she takes out of her own hair... I am not liking this new oral fixation thing that she's (yet again) discovered.

Oh, and at 19 months, I would have thought that Madi would be more independent... I don't know what happened, but she has gotten sooooo much more clingy, to the point where it's kind of annoying! Actually, it's REALLY annoying. I used to enjoy taking her to her Gymboree music and play classes because she used to just go to town there, running around, climbing on things, constantly waving "hi" to people and just being a total ham there. For the past couple of weeks, she now constantly clings to my legs, and gets "scared" anytime anyone just looks at her or talks to her. She'll immediately say "mama!!!!" and then run straight to me and hug my legs, hiding her face. I am NOT liking this. I really hope it's just a phase she's going through. I want my baby to grow up social and confident. Is that too much to ask for? ;)

Madi Cakes, you are blossoming so fast into such a sweet little girl. You keep me on my toes these days, and it blows my mind that you can "talk" to me and I can answer you back because I know exactly what you want. I can't wait until we can actually hold a real conversation together (or will I regret saying that, with all of your "why???" questions hehe). I love my little princess with all my heart. Here's to one step closer to the terrible... I mean, terrific 2's!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment