Friday, January 13, 2012

Christmas 2011!!!

I'm sure by now, everyone has taken down their Christmas lights, recycled their Christmas tree (or if you're like us, packed it back in the box until next Christmas), and stowed away all of their snowmen and reindeer and Santa decorations. Christmas is like WAY over, and the New Year has been celebrated. We're almost 2 weeks into 2012! So why on Earth am I still tootin' the horn for Christmas? Well... Because I didn't get the chance to wish everyone a Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, and everything in between. Better late than never, right? So... Merry Christmas everyone! And wishing you all the best in this wonderful new year! :)

Ever since we moved down to San Diego, we've been hosting Christmas Eve dinner for our families. We always have a jolly good time stuffing ourselves silly with super delicious foods and desserts, catching up with the family, and, of course (the best part), opening up our presents!!!! Christmas is always a special and exciting time for us, but this year was just a wee bit more special than the others since it was Madi's first REAL Christmas experience. Last year, Madi was barely sitting up on her own. And she was much more interested in the sparkly wrapping papers than opening any actual gifts (not that Christmas is ALL about getting and opening presents hahaha). So I had some high hopes of an excited Madi going nuts over our Christmas get-together, and of course, opening all of her presents hahaha.

And what a joy she was on Christmas Eve! She was so excited to see everyone, and was quite the little entertainer, putting on a show for everyone to see. It was all eyes on her that day, and she loved every minute of it. It was so cute to see her help deliver presents to everyone:

It was WAY more exciting to see her open HER presents:

And it was even MORE exciting to see her get SO happy about her presents, that she had to run over and thank Grandma and Grandpa for such an awesome gift:


Madi couldn't believe all of the cool stuff she got. Every present that she opened, she had to play with it right then and there. (Note the tie dye socks she's wearing in the previous pictures. She opened those up and totally wanted them on right away!):

Madi was quite pleased with the presents she got from her family for Christmas Eve! Yes, she even loves the duck potty that Grandma and Grandpa H. got her, which she sits on everyday, pretending to go poo in it. So... I wonder what Santa brought her that night when she went to bed??? :)

*******************************************************************

CHRISTMAS DAY

I woke up Christmas Day feeling so giddy and giggly, as if I was the one getting ready to go see what Santa left ME under the tree. I couldn't wait to see Madi's face light up the moment she saw the new presents under the tree, AND... A Madi sized kitchen waiting for her in the living room!!!!


So... I had this vision in my head about how Christmas Day would pan out... Daddy would go grab Madi when she wakes up, and then get her ready to come downstairs. I would already be downstairs and have the (new) camera (with video) ready and rolling to capture Madi's first (excited) expression as she comes out of her room and down the stairs. She would be looking at the presents and the kitchen, and then she would scream, "WHOA!!!!" and get all wiggly from excitement (because that's how she usually acts when she's excited). And then she would attack her presents and be the happiest kid in town...

Boy was my vision WAY off... Madi came down the stairs and had this puzzled look on her face. There was no squeal of excitement, no "Whoa's!!!!!," no wiggly little girl, and no attacking of presents. She checked out her new kitchen and was quite pleased with it...

And she opened like one present before asking mama and dada to open the rest of her presents... What kid doesn't get excited on Christmas morning?!?!?! Well, besides OUR kid...

And seriously, Madi must have been a good little girl this past year because Santa hooked her up with a kitchen, a cabbage patch kid, a rock n roll microphone, food accessories for her new kitchen, AND an electric ride on quad!!!! Geez! Although there was a lack of initial excitement on Christmas morning, I can tell you that she now LOVES and plays with all of her new toys like crazy every day. I'm glad we don't have to return anything back to Santa. ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment