***Reason #1: I was scheduled to see Dr. Biter (the god of delivering babies in this here North County San Diego haha. Don't get me wrong, his partner, Dr. Cap is just as excellent!) and
***Reason #2: I was excited to see little Madison on the ultrasound, sooner than later, since I hadn't seen her since week 22 of my pregnancy!
Last Monday, as I was getting ready for my appointment, I got a phone call from the office saying that Dr. Biter wasn't gonna make it in the office since he was at the hospital taking care of a delivery still. Totally understandable! You can't get upset over that! :) So I found out that I was going to see a new physician there- a girl name Kathy?? I think that's what her name is. :)
So we got to our appointment on Friday, and I saw that Dr. Biter was actually there! Maybe I will get to see him after all?! We waited patiently in the exam room, and then there was a wee knock on the door... The door opened, and boooo! It wasn't Dr. Biter hahaha. It was that girl physician. But she was totally nice and totally read through my chart to make sure I was healthy and still in good shape and everything. She measured my belly to make sure Madison was growing and developing right on schedule, and we listened to her super strong heart beat. Everything was checking out quite well! :) And then... there was.... a SCARE! Oh goodness, I didn't know how to react when she said that my blood pressure was pretty abnormal for me- that it was measuring quite high... I was like, "Uh-oh... I didn't do anything! I promise!" She said that my blood pressure that day was measuring 134 over 90 or something like that? And according to my chart, my blood pressure has always been around 110 over 60 or 70... I guess a spike in blood pressure during this time of pregnancy could be a sign of preeclampsia- a pregnancy condition in which high blood pressure and protein in the urine develop, which may cause complications to the baby. Some symptoms of preeclampsia are sudden weight gain, rapid swelling of the feet/ankles/hands/face, headaches, protein found in urine (can test this with a urine sample), headaches, and/or blurry vision.
So the physician told me that my urine sample was perfect, didnt find any protein in it, then she checked me out from head to toe (harharhar) and said she didn't notice any swelling, and asked me if I'd been feeling ok, had any pain, or have been eating lots of salty foods. I basically told her that besides breathing like a heffer from this growing belly, I felt fine and that I've been guilty of eating lots of sweets lately- but no salty foods... So rest assured, she said that the assistant who took my blood pressure must have done my reading wrong, or didnt have the blood pressure thingy wrapped around my arm tight enough... So she ordered the assistant to redo my blood pressure reading after we did our ultrasound.
Let the fun begin!!! Ultrasound time!!! Woo-hoo!!! And whaddya know? THE Dr. Biter did our ultrasound!!! He totally remembered Elbert from his Cord Blood Banking Seminar a few weeks ago and was all telling me what a great guy I have, since Elbert "showed up all bachelor to the seminar with all these pregnant ladies around him, and asked lots of good questions." So even though my appointment wasn't scheduled with Dr. Biter, we actually got to see him anyway, talk to him, AND get out ultrasound done by him. Ah! I LOVE LOVE LOVE this doctor! Both Dr. Biter and Dr. Cap are like the best doctors I've ever had! Where else can you talk to your doctor like he's one of "the guys," or what other doctor would make lame DJ beat noises with his voice and mimic scratching a turntable while saying he's gonna make us an ultrasound video mix? Or what doctor would show up to the office wearing an old, beat up Vans t-shirt? LOVE it!!!! :)
Anyway, as I'm going off topic here... Madi was being quite shy in her ultrasound so we couldn't get a good picture of her face. Although we did see her long and skinny legs! Dr. Biter called them triathalon legs. She was swaddling herself, with her face cuddled into one of her elbow pits. One of her arms was across her face and her knees were all tucked in, in a fetal position. So, we didn't get any good pictures from her, and we didn't get our video mix since she was being a little stinker. BUT we did find out that the cysts in her brain that we detected and were worried about a few months ago, have both cleared!!! Yay!!! She's as healthy as can be!!!

We have our 34 week appointment on Monday, April 19th. Dr. Biter said that if she cooperates then, we'll be able to get our video mix of her kickin' it in my uterus in her amniotic sac. Word! :) Let's keep our finger crossed! I would love to have her on video!!! I'm such a stage mom in the making. Yikes!
Oh, and my blood pressure redo? Looks like my first reading was a mistake, and my blood pressure really was normal. Thank goodness!!!
0 comments:
Post a Comment