I've been going to prenatal yoga classes at the YMCA every Thursdays for the past few months, and the teacher there is great! I've missed a few weeks here and there since I had to be up in LA for work a few times, but I've always enjoyed looking forward to going to this class every week. I've met some really sweet moms-to-be, as well as new moms who give the best advice on pregnancy, delivery, and baby products. The classes are usually quite small... There's been a few times where there were only 3 of us in the class, and I think the most yogis in one class was up to 12 (but thats quite rare). Anyway, since I missed last week's yoga class, I was really looking forward to today... Wow, part of me wished I should have just stayed home today! hahahaha
I got to class a few minutes late and noticed that the usual yoga teacher was not there. In her place was this SUPER aloof, wacky looking chick who basically had no yoga routine prepared for us preggers... She totally reminded me of that crazy French character on the TV show "Lost," Danielle Rousseau:

Anyway, there were 3 of us prenatal girls in the class, and one post-natal girl with her 4 week old baby girl. Now, I'm not a yoga expert, but I don't think it takes a genius to know that pregnant ladies with portruding bellies are limited to what they can and cannot do as far as exercise and yoga are concerned. First off, this crazy lady didn't seem to know what she wanted to do next after certain poses... Then she was all nervous about the music and kept wanting to change her CD like after every 5 minutes. And to top it off, she started doing all these crazy yoga poses that only intermediate to advance yogis should be doing. All 4 of us girls in the class were looking at each other like, "Is this woman crazy?! Is she seriously asking us to follow her?!" I think after 15 - 20 minutes of this nonsense, one of the prenatal girls packed her things and left... I was quite tempted to leave as well, but didn't wanna bail on the other prenatal girl... So crazy lady kept on doing all these weird, advanced poses, doing all sorts of back bends and stuff, and I literally just sat there on my mat doing nothing, giving her my death stare that said "You SOOOO have no idea what you're doing, do you?" So me and the other prenatal girl started talking to each other, asking each other how far along we are and stuff (she was 28 weeks along). Finally, crazy lady stopped and looked at us and was like, "Is something wrong?" Ummm... Yes, dipshit!
And that's when I spoke up... I basically told her that (obviously) we're pregnant, and can't be doing a lot of the poses that she wants us to do. After I told her what we can and cannot do, she literally gave us blank stares as to what to do with us... So I basically told her exactly what poses we should be doing and what we should do next. If she started a pose that we shouldn't have been doing, I pretty much spoke up and said, "Umm.. we shouldn't be doing that..." I freakin ran the freakin yoga class! What the hell?! I should NOT have to be telling the yoga teacher what to do! I felt like a bitch telling the instructor what to do, but she should have had the common sense to know, right? So after each pose, the crazy lady kept staring at the clock and kept saying, "hmmm.. what else can we do?" She was SOOO praying for time to fly by so that class would be over hahaha.
Class FINALLY ended at 12:30pm. After the crazy lady had thanked me for my input (I should have rolled my eyes at her, but instead, I smiled and said no problem!), us 3 remaining girls headed out and we all just couldn't believe what happened hahahaha. The postnatal girl was like, "Wow! That was the worst yoga class I have ever been to!" And I'm sure we all agreed. She was a bit fired up and was basically thinking about telling someone at the Y about this instructor, because basically it would be a liability on them, hiring that crazy lady to be a sub for the prenatal yoga class. If we didn't know any better, and just followed the crazy lady and hurt ourselves, that would be BAD for the YMCA... After we all expressed how horrified we were at that class, we said our good byes and I went off to the membership office to get my picture taken for my permanent YMCA membership card...
I was about to get into my car, when the other prenatal girl hollered at me, "Hey! Did you tell someone? I saw you in the Membership Office. Did you tell someone about that instructor?" hahahahaha Of course I didn't... But now that I'm home, I'm thinking maybe I should have? I learned from the other prenatal girl that this crazy lady has subbed before, most likely on a week that I wasn't there, since this was my first experience with the crazy lady. She basically said that the crazy lady was a mess the other weeks as well... You would think that if the crazy lady had subbed a prenatal class before, that she should have learned from the past classes that she's just crazy! But I guess she's so crazy that she either didn't notice or she just forgot??? So it made me think... I really should have told someone at the Y about that crazy lady. Dontcha think? Sorry- that's my rant and rave for the day...
Tomorrow is my 32 week appointment!!!! It got moved from this past Monday, as Dr. Biter was in a delivery and had to cancel all of his afternoon appointments... I get to see Madi tomorrow! It's been 2 months since I last saw her! I'm quite excited!!!!
0 comments:
Post a Comment