Monday, April 19, 2010

Yay for Ikea!

Elbert has insisted on getting me some sort of rocker/glider chair for the longest time so that I would have something comfortable to sit in while comforting and feeding baby Madi. As much as I really would like one, every chair that we came across were like $500+ and there was no way in hell I was gonna pay that much money for a chair that we most likely wouldn't keep forever and ever. Plus, I'm such an anal person and a minimalist, that the thought of another piece of furniture crowding wee Madi's room, or any other room in the house gives me the heebie jeebies hahaha. So I kept telling Elbert that I didn't need a rocker/glider- mostly on the fact that I would have no idea where to put the darn thing. :)

A while back ago, I was on a pregnancy forum online and came across a topic about where to buy cheaper rocker/gliders. Someone had mentioned that they got the Poang Chair from Ikea, so I immediately went on the Ikea website to take a look at this chair. When I saw it, I said to myself, "How on earth is that thing gonna be comfortable to sit on?" So after that, I just disregarded it as a contender haha...

Fast forward a few weeks later... We ended up going to Ikea this weekend in Mission Valley, looking for a cheap sofa bed/ futon for our now office/guestroom. Madi's room used to be our guest room with a queen sized bed. Totally comfy for guests to sleep in and make themselves at home in, whenever they stayed the night. But now that the guest room has been converted to Madi's nursery, we don't have a spare guestroom or spare bed for anyone who decides they want to spend the night. (We donated that queen size bed since it most likely would have taken up the entire space in the office, and there was no other place in the house to put it or store it). My mom said that she was gonna stay the night for a week to help out after I deliver my baby, but she was concerned about where she was gonna sleep... Thus, the search for the "Mother-In-Law Bed" (as Elbert called it) was on this past weekend!

Off to Ikea we went! Right before the sofa bed section of the store, was the chairs section... And seeing the Poang chair totally reminded me of the forum I had read weeks before about how some prego ladies bought this chair! So I just had to try it out since it was staring right at me. I set my fat ass in all of the different styles of the Poang Chair, and surprisingly, it was darn comfortable!!! Now, it's not a glider or a rocker, but when you lean back in it, it semi- reclines and you can easily "rock" yourself back and forth in it. It's a LOT smaller than a typical rocker/glider and for $89, I was sold!!! Here it is all set up in Madi's room. I actually sat in it for a good 20 minutes yesterday and almost "rocked" myself to sleep. I say, this is a sweet deal for those of you who wouldn't mind getting a rocker, but don't really want to invest a lot of money in one.

We also found the perfect mother-in-law bed at Ikea as well. It's basically a glorified futon, but this thing is surprisingly comfortable too! Yay for Ikea!!! They totally came through for us and we saved a crapload of money on furniture!!! So Mom- I hope this is comfortable enough for you!!!! Otherwise, Dad can sleep on it, Elbert can sleep on the couch, and you can sleep in our bed with me... But I gotta warn you... There's dog hair in our bed. I know how much you LOVE that! :)

1 comment: