Sunday, September 12, 2010

A Weekend of Firsts...

Madi had an action-packed, exciting weekend! Not only was her weekend planner filled with visitors and activities, but she also had some fun "first time" experiences!

On Saturday, Madi met her "cousins" (I think you would consider them cousins? What would you call a cousin's kid?) from Elbert's side of the family for the first time! Thank you Soa, Cindy, Evan and Justin for visiting! And thank you so much for the cute outfits and the Hawaiian mumu!

Madi had her very first extreme laugh on Saturday too! Of course, it wasn't with her mom or dad. Mommy and Daddy aren't funny enough for her apparently. Mommy and Daddy usually gets a big gummy smile and what we consider a "courtesy" laugh because she'll just go, "Heh!" like once. But somehow Auntie Ann made her laugh her big old head off. It was the cutest thing ever! So I know she has it in her to laugh hysterically. I guess Mommy and Daddy gotta find new tricks, new funny faces, and new dances to entertain our little one. I want to get laughed at! :)

Madison went to her very first concert today! :) We went to Babies By the Sea Boutique to go see Hullabaloo. They're a kiddie folk/rock band (or actually a guy with a guitar haha) that sings kiddie songs like, "If You're Happy and You Know It." Man, what have I become? So long Radiohead and Muse type of concerts for me. Hello, "Old MacDonald Had a Farm!" But I will admit, I did find myself toe tapping and singing along to " Twinkle Twinkle Little Star," "She'll Be Coming 'Round the Mountain," and other choice kids songs Hullabaloo played today. *Sigh* I am SUCH a mom!!! And poor Elbert, I dragged him out to this kiddie concert too hahaha. Here's a picture of the Hullabaloo guy.

And well... A picture may be worth a thousand words, but you just HAVE to see the actual video to get the full on experience! :)


Hey, Madison! What do you think of this concert?

I think if she were older and was able to dance, she would have. But unfortunately, she can't so she decided to take a nap in the middle of the rockin Hullabaloo set. Mommy had to do the singing and dancing for her. How embarrassing! :)

Later today, Madison had her very first trip to the beach! We wanted to take the doggies to the beach since they haven't been there since 2 days before Madi was born. We thought the dogs deserved to run amuck at their most favorite place in the world, and we wanted Madi to experience it. I think Madi was so excited to go to the beach that she fell asleep when we got there. Excitement takes a lot of energy! :) See that guy at the top of the picture below? That's Elbert carrying Madison in our Ergo Baby carrier. That's the only picture I have of Madi of her first beach trip hahahaha.

0 comments:

Post a Comment