
Don't worry kids! I haven't disappeared off the face of the Earth entirely! :) I IMMENSELY apologize for the lack of posts this past week - it's like I've gone back to work or something, huh? :) Well- being a stay at home mom as its perks, such as taking Madi out everyday, whenever I want (well, besides during nap time and bed time), and where ever I want. This week has been SUPER busy for us, that I haven't had time to catch my breath, sit down, upload my photos, and spend some time writing about the Madi Cakes adventures... This week, we went on 2 playdates, went to the Wild Animal Park, "talked" to firemen, went to the Encinitas Library for baby story time, attended 2 1st birthday parties (Happy Birthday Abby and Alexandra!), had steak dinners, and had jacuzzi night with 2 bottles of wine and some great friends (well, Madi didn't go in the jacuzzi- she was fast asleep in her room). Today, we plan on going to the beach when she wakes from her nap, so she can try out her new bikini that Auntie Doris got for her last week! I LOVE being a stay at home mom! I would, never in a million years, have been able to squeeze in all of that fun in one week if I weren't one. :)

So, last Monday was Madi's 47 week birthday.... And yesterday (Saturday), was Madi's 11 month birthday!!! Can you believe in 4 weeks, one month, 30 days, 720 hours, Madison will be one year old!!? What in the world?! :)
So our little late bloomer is STILL not crawling... Or walking... Or standing up on her own... Or pulling up on things... I know I'm not suppose to worry about it and that all babies will learn these things when they are ready, but for some reason I feel like my baby turned out to be the lazy one out of her group of friends. I guess I really want her to start being mobile, just so that play time with her friends would be much more fun. She would be able to interact with her friends better, and she wouldn't have to bust out her "bossy" finger so much, pointing at things that she so desperately wants Mommy to get for her (or else she will throw a fit if she doesn't get it). I feel bad when I take her to a play date, all of her friends are moving around everywhere... And she's just sitting there... By herself... In the same spot... Until Mommy moves her to another spot, where she can sit there by herself because her friends left her in the dust hahaha... Well, what I CAN brag about though (hehehe), are some OTHER accomplishments our bratty Madi has achieved this past week, such as actually saying the word "bye-bye" and waving to people when we (or they) go away! :) It's the cutest thing on earth! How she knows when we are leaving, or when friends are going away, I have no idea... But she knows exactly when to wave and say "bye-bye" to people. It's TOOOO adorable! I DO know that some key words, such as "we'll be back," or "we'll see you later," makes her immediately wave and say bye-bye... But other times, she'll just KNOW when to wave and say it, without anyone having to say those departing words...
And since her fishlips "trick" is such a hit, I've decided to teach her to do other silly, non-educational "tricks" for our pure amusement... This week's trick, I call it, "OH NO!!!!" So when I say, "OH NO!" as if I dropped something on accident, she will then immediately place both hands on her head as if she was the one who is "oh no-ing!" :) This puppy learns new tricks pretty fast! I like it! Now, on to thinking of other nonsensical tricks I can make my baby do... Hey, if she ain't accomplishing the "basics," might as well have fun with what she CAN do well, right? :)
This 47 week birthday was also marked by her 6th tooth actually coming in! (4th tooth on the top). I don't think it really bothered her, but I did notice some changes in her feeding and nursing habits this week. She wasn't eating as much solids as usual, and she refused having boob a few times this week! Who refuses boob?! Come on!!! So either she's more interested in feeding herself "big people" food all by herself without Mommy helping her, or she was feeling a bit uncomfortable with that 6th tooth coming in... That tooth is so small compared to her top, 2 front teeth, so I can't really imagine it really hurting her like those rabbit teeth did when they came in... Maybe I just gotta accept the fact that Madison is growing up, and will eventually wean herself off the boob, and will want to eat "big people" food all by herself more often now... But... I'm not ready for her to grow up so quickly just yet... :(
0 comments:
Post a Comment