
Yay!!!! We made it! One full year and Elbert and I survived as parents, and Madison still loves us as her parents (at least that's what I think she feels haha). :)
On this day, one year ago, our little Madi Cakes came into this world and forever changed our lives. I never knew the true meaning of love, joy, and happiness until Madison came along. Words can never describe the love a mother has for her child, or the joy and happiness a child brings to a mother's heart.
On this day, one year ago, at 5:04am, our little Madi Cakes came into this world weighing 7lbs, 13oz and was 19.5 inches long. Who knew that within a year, this tiny little thing would grow up so fast and become her own person? How on Earth did she start out being such a fragile little baby, who then transformed into this 20 pound curious little toddler? At one year old, Madison can (finally) crawl, say a few words (although "bye bye" is her specialty), understand quite a few things that we ask of her, dance when she's happy, and boss us around with her bossy little pointing finger. At one year old, Madison is (finally) loving to be mobile. She is constantly on the move, whether she's crawling to get from one place to the other, or begging us to "walk" her, where she holds onto our hands and walks around on her own. She's finally starting to pull up on things (unsuccessfully), but I think her new found discovery of her independence, by being mobile, will push her to try and try and try again until she gets it right.
At one year old, Madison DEFINITELY has some major personality! Madison loves animals and birds, but LOVES LOVES LOVES dogs! There's no doubt that she inherited Mommy's dog obsession gene haha. She's a jokester, a comedian, a flirt, a ham (LOVES being the center of attention!), and is definitely "Little Miss Bossy!" She has become a spoiled little diva who knows exactly what she likes and doesn't like. She's definitely at the age where she's testing our limits with her. As much as I try to not give in to HER demands, it's kinda hard, especially since I'm a softy. I'm a sucker for those "pretty please" looks that she often throws around. If she's already this big of a diva at this age NOW, I think we're gonna be in BIG trouble as she gets older. I'm scared! haha.

So Happy 1st Birthday Madison!!!! Mommy and Daddy love you very much and are SOOOO proud of the beautiful, silly little girl you've become! We're also proud of ourselves for surviving this first year hahaha! We can't wait to see what year #2 will bring.
Today Madison celebrated her first birthday with her very own 1st birthday cupcake that Mommy made. Carrot cake cupcake with cream cheese frosting. Yummm!!!! I think she liked the cupcake... What do you think? :)



Madison can't wait to celebrate her 1st birthday party this coming Saturday with her friends and family!!! Thanks in advance to everyone who's gonna come out and celebrate Madison's special day! :)
0 comments:
Post a Comment