
My mom had saved this knitted little sweater of mine for a good 32 years, and gave it to me a few weeks ago, so that Madi could wear it. Madi still has some room to grow into it (maybe I'll do another photo shoot with her in it when she's one, and able to stand up on her own!). I guess one of my Aunts in Thailand knitted it for me when I was one, which was when I took my first trip all the way to Thailand. Geez, that's a LONG plane ride for such a little girl, huh? How did my parents do it? I must have been such a good little baby! ;)Well anyway, Madi is celebrating her 9 month birthday by getting her 2 top teeth! Well, they haven't broken in all the way yet, but it is getting REALLY close! You can totally see two white bumps on her top, front gums, but you can't quite feel the ridges yet. And man! That totally explains her fussiness lately. Madi has been quite the fuss-monkey, and has been waking up WAY early in the middle of the night (around 12:30am - 2am), which she NEVER does. And the other day, she totally refused the boob the whole entire day!!! She didn't want to eat or nurse and I just thought something was wrong because she, especially, NEVER refuses boob! And that's when I finally noticed the 2 white bumps on her gums. My little bubba has been SO fussy because her little teeth hurt. Poor Madi! :(
Another exciting thing about Madi for her 9 month birthday... She learned how to clap! Well, it's not the most graceful of claps, but it is some sort of clapping! hahaha Take a look! (And sorry for my VERY annoying excited "baby" voice)
Madi Cakes- 9 months seems like such a big deal to me for some reason. Maybe it's because it means you're almost a "big" girl... Maybe it's because you're growing and learning so much. Maybe it's because you're at the age where you're about to be very mobile and somewhat independent. Whatever it is, I am so excited about you growing up to be the beautiful little baby that you're becoming, and what you've already become. And although you're still not crawling or standing up or walking just yet, you are so full of life, full of personality, VERY loud with all of your cute babbling, very cute with your curiousity, and very vivacious with that laugh and smile of yours. You're well on your way to mastering the sippy cup, and you know so many different objects and things that you like to point out and show off to Mommy and Daddy... I better start planning that one year birthday party before its too late! Pony rides, bounce house, and the entire Sesame Street characters, here we come! Hahaha, I'm TOTALLY kidding...

0 comments:
Post a Comment