Monday, February 21, 2011

Madi's Backyard Renovation - Week 2

Week 2 of Madi's backyard renovation has come and gone. Wow- maybe this 5 week project really isn't gonna be so bad after all. It's going quite fast actually... But if they can finish this up before 5 weeks, I would love it even more! :)

We took down our old, rotted, broken, wooden fence that was literally 4 feet high. I guess being a homeowner with a pool in the backyard, there are some sort of rules and regulations we gotta follow- like having a fence around our yard that is at least 6 feet high. GREAT excuse for telling our neighbors that the high(er) fence (that is now blocking their view of some gorgeous sunsets), is for complying with pool rules- NOT just for our own privacy. Oh, you know, we didn't mind that both of our neighbors' homes looked straight into our yard and into our kitchen windows and stuff (MAJOR sarcasm in that last sentence). Anyway, here's our backyard without the fence... Whoa! Looks kinda naked, huh?! hahaha

We were fenceless for 2 nights, 3 days... I HATED that. I couldn't sleep those nights because I kept thinking some weirdo was gonna walk around in our backyard and peer into our house and stuff. Yea, I'm paranoid... I have a baby at home, I think I have the right to be paranoid. But also, some weirdos really did prove me right in being paranoid!!! While we were fenceless, two guys, who claimed to live behind the hill from our neighborhood, thought that they would invite themselves over into our backyard and check out the construction. Elbert went out there and asked them who they were and what they were doing there. Their explanation??? One of the guys is a geologist and saw that we had a pool in our backyard and wanted to know what type of rock it was made out of... Umm... Yea, buddy. That's great. Thanks for your curiousity, but get the heck off my property! Elbert told them that it would have been nice if they had knocked on our door and asked to come back there if they were interested. He then told the guys to leave. LEAVE NOW. And they did... But come on! Who does that? Who goes into other people's properties? Just because we didn't have a fence doesn't mean we were inviting everyone and their mommas to come over and check out the construction. Geez people!

Well, finally, the fence guys came over and started putting the posts and stuff up for our new fence:

Ta-da!!! We have a fence!!! Yay!!! And the pool tiles finally came down, and a plethora of wheel barrels full of dirt came piling through, dumping dirt on the ground to prepare the installation of our pavers for the ground!

Madi can't wait to play in her new backyard!

1 comment: