
Madison celebrated her 8 month birthday this past Monday! And I'm gonna have to say it again haha... Where on Earth does the time go? It feels like I JUST wrote about her turning 7 months old! Well, what can I say? This past month flew by so quickly, and I think Madi has hit a plateau with her baby milestones hahaha. She still hasn't quite learned how to crawl yet (still pushing herself backwards). I'm kinda glad she's not quite mobile though because I've been WAY too busy with work these days, that I think I would go completely nuts (more nuts than I am right now) if I had to constantly keep an eye on her while working. And we're bad parents. We so haven't baby proofed our home in any way, shape, or form. I won't be surprised the day I find her drinking out of the dogs' water bowls, bumping her head on a table corner, or eating dirt from the potted plants that are sitting on floor level.
Well, even though Madi is still happy as a clam to be rolling around on the floor, and occassionally sitting up (although still enjoying throwing herself backwards more, especially if she knows there's a pillow behind her), over learning how to crawl or stand up, she has been impressing Mommy and Daddy with her communication skills! She's learning to wave a wee bit, and knows how to raise her hand to "point" to an object when we ask her where something is. So far, she understands what her tree is (wall decal in her room), what her chandelier is (in her room also), what her cow is (on her jumperoo), who Mommy and Daddy are (although she has no idea about the connection when she babbles out "Mamma" and "Dada"). She knows who are doggies are, AND she knows where the eyes are on each animal in her "Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See" book (that's the MOST impressive so far!).
Elbert and I keep telling ourselves that we're gonna teach Madi sign language, but we keep pushing it off. Sigh... I know it's good for her to learn so that it would help her communicate with us. I totally remember when my nephew was little (before he turned into the biggest chatterbox in the whole wide world), how sign language helped ease the communication between my brother and sister in law. It was quite amazing to see this little kid signing things that he wanted and how easy it was for my brother and sister in law to give him what he wanted because they all understood each other. Elbert and I have been doing a wee bit of signing- just stuff like "more," "all done," and "milk." I think we better start seriously learning and teaching more VERY soon!
Madi has her appetite back as of last week haha. I think because I called her out on being a picky eater last week, she decided to prove me wrong. She's back to normal, eating everything in her sight! And she is definitely going to be a carnivore. You should see her go after her chicken dinners! :)
Oh Madison... What do you have in store for us in the next month? Remember, you take as much time as you want to learn and do things on your own. No pressure! Promise! Just continue to make us laugh, smile, and melt our hearts every second of the day as you do now- that's all that we ask for. Continue to be that happy, personality-filled, fashionista that you are! :) We love you very much and look forward to what you will accomplish in the next month!
0 comments:
Post a Comment