I'm really bad at estimating head counts hahaha But by the time I got to the rally (around 2:30pm), there were AT LEAST 100 people out there spreading the love. I'm sure a ton more people showed up here and there between 1:00pm - 4:30pm... I walked across the street to the Scripps Encinitas side with my "38 Weeks Pregnant! My Baby Needs Dr. Biter" sign, and got a lot of love and respect for coming out this late in the game for support as well. The exciting part of it all?! I got to meet Ricki Lake AND got interviewed by Channel 8's news crew!!!! Let's see if I get to be on TV tonight haha.
Ricki Lake actually came up to ME and was telling me how much she loved my sign. She told me that I had "such a powerful sign!" And wanted to take a picture with me and my glittery sign! :)

Well... I wanted to make a BIG statement... I am 38 weeks pregnant (well, in 2 days), and I wanted to show off my belly. Those insensitive, greedy, and uncompassionate people on the medical board need to know that their decision left us pregnant women stranded with their selfish choices. Obviously, they didn't even take us into consideration with their suspension decision. And if they did consider us, screw them for not caring!!!
For those of you who don't know, Ricki Lake is a BIG advocate for natural birthing. She came out with a documentary called "The Business of Being Born" in 2008. It basically is about how hospitals make money off of babies... Society views the act of labor and delivery as a medical emergency- the whole birthing process is suppose to be this painful experience for women, thus causing us all to believe that all women who give birth should be in pain and have complications. Hospitals make a crap ton of money on surgeries ("emergency" C-sections) and using drugs/medicine on pregnant women (using the drug Pitocin to unnaturally kick start labor and then of course using an Epidural so that women aren't in pain from the painful contractions that Pitocin causes).
Anyway, it was Ricki Lake's documentary that made me aware of this "business of being born," which is why I chose to have my baby naturally. Well, that's the plan anyway. :) It's up to mother nature to determine whether any medical intervention is needed sometimes... But I know I can do it otherwise. How did the cave women survive years ago without all of this medical intervention, right? So I highly recommend anyone who is pregnant or is planning on getting pregnant to watch this documentary!
I didn't take as many pictures or videos of the rally as I would have liked to. Sorry! It was hard trying to hold a huge sign in one hand and then work a camera in the other hand hahaha. So, here's a lame video:
0 comments:
Post a Comment