Tuesday, May 4, 2010

What In the World? Week 36 Already?

Good lord, how in the world is it Week 36 of my pregnancy already? Next week, Madison will be considered full-term... Will she be an early bird? Right on time? Or be fashionably late? If she's anything like me, she'll definitely be fashionably late. That's just how I roll hehe :)

So... I don't know if my belly just had another huge explosion or what, but lately, anywhere I go, people talk to me and make comments to me as though I should be ready to blow this baby out like now! Am I really THAT huge to be receiving those looks and comments already? I'm pretty sure Madi grew again cuz the skin around the bottom of my belly has been itching like crazy and them horrible stretch marks keep getting bigger. Not so much fun. :( I've been applying cocoa butter lotion to my belly like 4 - 5 times a day, but it looks like my skin is still complaining from all the growing and stretching. Oh well... As long as baby Madi is healthy, I'll happily sacrifice my body for her well-being... Belly skin, vagina and all! :)

I've still been pretty active up to this point... Still going to my prenatal yoga classes, doing my prenatal yoga at home with my DVD, and still going on my walks around my super hilly neighborhood. I haven't gone on my usual 3 mile walk in about a month though. I've just been doing my 1.7 mile loop through my hilly neighborhood about 3 - 4 times a week... Of course, it's getting MUCH harder to waddle up those gruesome hills, and I've slowed down my pace quite a bit. My heart rate races at the slightest incline, so I just gotta take my time. So speaking about people making comments to me about blowing any day, yesterday, I was doing my usual walk around the neighborhood, and on 3 separate occasions, people who were either outside their homes, or walking their dogs, looked at me like I was crazy for walking these hills! Two of the three people who made comments gave me looks of concern/amazement that I was still waddling my way around the block... I suppose I should start taking it a wee bit easier now? Don't wanna be having Madi in the middle of the street somewhere hahaha. I've heard that walking a lot can actually help speed up labor? If that's true, I'm in trouble! :) Well... Here I am... 36 Weeks Prego... Huge, huh?

I have my 36 week appointment tomorrow. Gonna be taking the last of the pregnancy tests... The Group B Strep Test... Not really sure what it is, but all I know is that I don't want to be tested positive for it. If I test positive for it, that means I'll have to go to the hospital early on during my labor so that I can get treated with antibiotics so I don't give it to the baby. It's ok to be positive- it's not anything harmful to the mother at all... I just don't want to have to go to the hospital early since I plan on doing most of my laboring at the comfort of my own home. So let's hope I'm all good with the Group B Strep test!

0 comments:

Post a Comment