Thursday, May 27, 2010

T- Minus 4 Days... And Counting!

4 more freakin days til my "due date!!!!" Well, we all know that this is just an estimated date, and I can spew this baby out anytime between now and in 2 weeks, if she decides to be fashionably late. This week has been so nerve racking! Monday was my first day of maternity leave and it has been SO weird to not have to turn on my laptop and work! It's been weird to not have to stare at my Blackberry every 2 minutes to see if I got anything to work on... It's just been weird to sit around and (gasp!) relax!!! :)

I thought for sure Madi would have come by now, especially with all the weird period-style cramping I was getting last week. I had Braxton Hicks contractions ALL day Tuesday, and I swore that I was gonna be in labor by that night...

Well... It's now Thursday evening, and still nothing. I still feel normal and no other new "feelings" or weird movements in the belly has happened. I actually went to my prenatal yoga class today hoping to get some sort of response from Madi... Still... Nothing... I went to a "playtime with babies" mommy meet-up group yesterday to hang out with some of the new moms I've met through the Moms' group I joined, hoping that surrounding myself with 10 other babies would make Madi want to come out and play... And... Nothing... Geez! What is it gonna take? Not that I'm trying to rush her out of me or anything, I think this whole waiting around thing and not having anything to do is just making me that much more anxious wanting to meet Madi. I know I should totally take advantage of these last couple of days to have some "me" time, "me and Elbert" time, and "me, Elbert, and the doggies" alone time, but I get so fidgety just sitting around, doing nothing. And it's not like I have any more preparation to do for the arrival of Madi. Everything has been taken care of like weeks ahead of time just because we're crazy...

We've already bought all of the necessities for Madi like months ago... But of course, every weekend when we go out, we always seem to find something that Madi needs, err.. wants... :) I *THINK* this might be our last purchase for Madison... Not that it was necessary... But it was cute, and we thought it would be useful to have and keep downstairs... We bought her a Moses Basket (in "sage" colored microsuede with sherpa trimming).

We have the pack n play bassinet in our room upstairs, and her crib in her room upstairs, but we thought that having a Moses basket that we can keep downstairs would be nice and convenient to have, just so we don't always have to keep Madi upstairs during naptimes and stuff... That way, we can keep her downstairs with us, on the couch or something, while we watch TV, cook dinner, or whatever else we do downstairs. Until I find something else cute online or through a friend, I think this is the last unnecessary thing we buy for Madi before she arrives. :) And yes, the bedding and blanket in the Moses basket has already been washed. We're sooo on top of it! hahaha

0 comments:

Post a Comment