Sunday, May 9, 2010

Bring Back Dr. Biter!!!! Shame On You Scripps Encinitas Hospital!

First of all, I'd like to wish all you mommas and mommas-to-be out there a VERY happy Mother's Day!!! :) Hope you all are having a wonderful and loving mother's day!

So how did I spend my Mother's Day? Oh you know... Went out protesting in front of Scripps Encinitas Hospital... Why, you ask? Here's a wee blurb of what's going on with my much loved doctor, Dr. Biter and his battles with Scripps Encinitas Hospital:
(Taken from www.mybestbirth.com)

Dr. Robert Biter lost hospital privileges at Scripps Encinitas effective Friday May 7, 5:00PM, for no good reason. He is one of San Diego's most beloved OBGYN's and he is dedicated to allowing birth to happen naturally. He honors and respects his patients and is now offering to attend his patients as an unpaid doula at Sharp Mary Birch so that he can provide his patients with the support they need, until this gets resolved.

Come and show your support for Dr. Biter tomorrow (MOTHER'S Day) by attending a peaceful protest in front of Scripps Encinitas.

What better way to celebrate Mother's Day than to support a mother's right to choose her own doctor, to choose the kind of birth she wants & to be supported by a doctor that truly cares & goes the extra mile for his patients.

Thanks so much for your support!


I don't know the entire story behind this, but I do have an appointment tomorrow, so I will be sure to get the story straight from Dr. Biter himself. I will definitely share with you what I find out. What I do know is that Dr. Biter is one of the most loved doctors in San Diego County. He's the only doctor around here who fully supports and respects women and their births. He's one of the few OBs out there who truly understands natural birth and allows natural births to happen at its own pace and time. He was awarded Ranch and Coast's (San Diego lifestyle magazine) 2010 Best Medical Practitioner 2 years in a row!

Best Medical Practitioner: Robert Biter, MD

A readers’ favorite two years in a row, Robert Biter, MD is an advocate of natural birthing practices and natural baby and toddler products. His mission is to make information and healthy avenues available to parents so they can make educated choices to best support their children’s long-term health and overall wellbeing. (760/642-0800)


Scripps Encinitas has made the worst mistake ever by taking away the privileges of an honest, passionate, and respected OBGYN. They claim to be supportive of mothers and their birthing experiences, but to take away Dr. Biter's privileges only creates stress for all of us Biter patients who are due any day, any week now with no other option. Thanks for caring about us Scripps Encinitas! Thanks for thinking about our needs. Some of us aren't lucky enough to carry PPO Health Insurance to get covered at Sharp Mary Birch. Some of us don't live close enough to deliver at Sharp Mary Birch. Thanks for causing us grief and stress at a time that we should be calm and excited about our birth experience...

All of you out there who want to help support Dr. Biter and get him reinstated back at Scripps Encinitas ASAP, please do the following:
- Call Jan Zachery, Chief RN Exec. VP at Scripps Encinitas at (760) 633-6501
- Call Bernadette Mills, Exec. Asst for Chris Van Gorder, President & CEO of Scripps at (760) 633-6807

- Write a letter to the CEO of Scripps Encinitas at:
Chris Van Gorder - President & CEO of Scripps
4275 Campus Point Court
San Diego, CA 92121

And for anyone who has a Facebook account out there (I, unfortunately, don't), please join "I Love Dr. Biter" on Facebook to get the latest details on this mess. Please help support Dr. Biter!!!!!

Although Dr. Biter's new Birthing Center in Carlsbad won't be open in time for me to deliver at, I cannot wait til he does open his birthing center (end of summer) so he doesn't have to deal with hospital politics and the hospital's birthing business. He'll be able to practice what he preaches and allow for pregnant women to birth naturally and at our own pace. We'll be able to create our own birth experience that we can look back at and enjoy, with no regrets...

Here are some picture's from today's peaceful rally in front of Scripps Encinitas:







And... some pictures I stole off the Facebook page of me doing my part in the protest hehe:

Nice belly profile, eh? :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment